Warning

"So, you really haven't seen her in all these years? You never looked her up? Not even in Cerebro?" Alex asked as they casually walked through CIA, Charles' magic keeping them from being seen.

"Alex. Who do you take me for? Some kind of pervert? I..." Charles faltered under the withering gaze of Alex, "Yes, I looked her up once. Twice. Actually, ten. But, not in a long time. Alright?" He finished defensively.

"How'd you leave it? Any hard feelings?"

"Not likely. Everybody take a break. I wiped her mind of all memories of us. The beach, Cuba, that whole time. It's so long ago, Alex. She'd suffered too much and that time that we spent to save Cuba was nothing but traumatic. She had all of these horrible memories and the fact that I can tell that she's happy here with Moira... it's the best for her."

"And for you?"

"The only thing that matters for me is that she's safe and happy." He knocked on the door, which was embossed with 'Co-Directors of the Mutant Specialisation Unit', entering to find a spacious office, very elegant, a black-haired woman filing a report.

"Miss Cyrus." He breathed, lovestruck. When she turned around, it was like he was waking up for the first time. It was like time just made her more beautiful instead of ageing her. Her facial structure had become sharper, her hair was down to her waist and the right side of her hair had fiery red streaks at the front. Charles's breath hitched in his throat, words unable to come out of his mouth. She was wearing the jacket. And the necklace.

"Hello! Sorry, didn't see you there." She apologised with a wide smile, striding across the room to shake his hand.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Professor-"

"Charles Xavier. I know exactly who you are." Ash interrupted excitedly, grasping Charles's hand and shaking it. Her hand was just how he remembered it. Like it fit into his hand as if they were made for each other.

"You- you do?" He stammered, reluctantly letting go and landing his eyes on the necklace, absent-mindedly playing with the ring on his finger.

"Of course. Being co-directors of the MSU we have to keep in the loop. Your papers are extraordinary, Moira and I are big fans. One second, she's in the other room. Between you and me, she's your biggest fan, so don't think anything of it if she gets too excited. Moira!" She winked, calling her comrade, who bustled in through the door, shuffling through some papers.

"Yes, Ash?" She answered, looking much more professional than her co-director. She had a dress fit for office, while Ash donned Charles's red leather jacket, a black top that was cropped to show a little of her midriff and black jeans, her old suit's all weather boots on her feet. His eyes lingered on a small scar on her abdomen, where the bullet had hit her in Cuba.

"We have a visitor." When Moira saw Charles, she gasped, immediately walking forward to shake his hand. "Gentlemen, Moira McTaggert, Co-Director of the MSU and admittedly my complete opposite and better half when it comes to work. I still don't know how you keep your desk so tidy. What's your name, young man?" Ash nodded to Alex, shaking his hand.

"Alex Summers."

"Moira McTaggert." Moira smiled, shaking Alex's hand.

"And stop glorifying me, Ash, you're the one who made it into the CIA and became a director of a major unit at the same time at 22 years old. You set a record for the youngest recruit in CIA history."

"Shut up. Have a seat, gentlemen, I'm sure that standing up isn't the best form of meeting in an office. Just throw the coat on the floor." Alex chucked his coat aside as they both sat down, Charles noticing that she had no engagement ring on her finger. Phew, she's not married.