52| 𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐄

"𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞, 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐥?"»•» ✧❅✦❅ «•«

»•» ✧❅✦❅ «•«

LEXI STOOD FROZEN, her muscles not daring to move an inch with the woman she slowly grew to despise was now in front of her. She examined Annabeth, tracing her features up and down, wondering how a respectable woman like her would abandon a baby as a newborn.

Her eyes blinked back and forth between Johnny and Annabeth, her mind cogitating immensely, not even knowing why Johnny would even think for a second that Lexi would want to see her.

Lexi has thought about this day for a while now, figuring out what she was going to say to her biological mother if she were to run into her. But now, when Annabeth was sitting nervously in front of her, it's like Lexi's mind was completely blank and useless.

"Dad, w-what is she doing here?" Lexi surprised herself when she had enough strength to even muster up her sentence. Johnny gave her a look of sympathy, but it also seemed as if he didn't despise Annabeth either.

"Hi, Elexcia, honey, I know you probably don't want to see me but—"

Lexi abruptly cut off the older woman, her piercing eyes filled with detest. She stepped closer to Annabeth, their bodies inches apart as she stared into the dull eyes of the person she should be calling 'mom.'

"Don't call me 'honey.' You have no authority to waltz into my life like this and play the mom card. I don't want to hear what you have to say," Lexi spat viciously at the woman.

"I have a mom. Yeah, she may not be blood-related, but she will be a better mom than you would ever be. Plus, she's hotter than you."

Annabeth looked at her biological daughter in shock while Johnny was sitting still on the sofa, attempting to suppress his proud smile, but quickly hid it when Lexi glared at him. Annabeth's red stiletto heels were clicking incessantly on the hard floors, aggravating the teenager even more.

"You left me in a fucking bush." Lexi would always joke about saying she found it in a bush, but now that she thought about it again, that joke was about to be ruined.

"I know, but I have a good reason for that—"

"Please, you didn't even tell Dad about me. For fifteen years, my dad could have spent more time with his daughter and my brother could have spent more time with his sister, but no. You didn't even have the audacity to let him know you were pregnant with his child."

The air was silent, the only noise was the slow mellow sounds of the air conditioning. Johnny seemed to be at a loss of words, struggling to talk. Annabeth noticed his struggle so she explained to Lexi why she was really there.

"Look, Elexcia, the real reason why I'm here is that I want you to come live with me. Not only is my lifestyle more stable than Johnny's, but I can also provide you a better life than he ever could." That's when Johnny stood up, whipping his head at the incredulous woman.