Feelings Stirred In The Midst of Battle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serena's POV

"I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!" Ash declared.

"Pi-pikachu!" Ash's partner added. Serena's final challenge had been revealed to be a battle against Ash to conclude her Alolan welcome.

"A Pokémon battle!? You can't be serious!" Serena protested as Ash spoke the words she had feared.

"I thought you might refuse, so let's make a bet!" Ash said.

"A bet?" Serena asked, staring at him quizzically.

"The winner gets to make the loser do whatever they want for a day!" Ash announced.

"Are you serious?" Mallow asked, impressed by his audacity.

"Whatever they want for a day huh... talk about high stakes. I like it," Kiawe said.

"Ash, you didn't even tell us about this!" Lillie whined.

Ash grinned. "So Serena, do you agree?"

The girl felt her cheeks burning as she thought of all the things she could make Ash do with her.

What if I asked him to go shopping with me? I could make him try on a bunch of outfits! Or maybe I could even ask him to go on a d- d-!

Serena's fantasies were interrupted by a determined Pokémon bursting out of her Pokéball.

"Syl, Sylveon!" the Fairy-type cried readily.

"Sylveon?" Serena asked, startled at her unannounced appearance.

"Pika-chu-pi!" Pikachu said, jumping off of its trainer's shoulder to face Sylveon as electricity sparkled in its cheeks.

"Pikachu? Do you want to battle against Sylveon?" Ash asked.

"Pika-pi!" the Pokémon affirmed.

"Sylveon... did you come out because you wanted to go up against Pikachu?" Serena felt her Pokémon wrap a feeler around her wrist. 

"Sylveon!" the Pokémon replied, demonstrating her resolve.

Serena hesitated for a moment, then decided to accept Ash's offer.

"Then it's settled. The battle will take place..." Professor Kukui paused to glance at the time, "In approximately 10 minutes! Remember your bets, and let's have a good battle!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All right Sylveon come on out!" Serena exclaimed passionately. In a dazzling gleam of white light, an elegant feline emerged from her Pokéball, crying out its name as it stepped foot onto the battlefield.

"You ready buddy?" Ash asked from the other side as Pikachu hopped onto the ground to face its opponent.

"Pika!" it replied, brimming with enthusiasm.

"The rules of this battle are simple: it will be a one-on-one fight and whichever trainer's Pokémon falls last will be the victor! Let the battle begin!" Professor Kukui declared.

"Don't mind if we take the first move! Sylveon, use Swift!" Serena commanded.

"Syl... veon!" the Pokémon cried, sweeping its tail to create a barrage of stars that fired towards Pikachu.

"Pikachu! Counter with Electro Ball!" Ash shouted.

"Pika pika chu-pi!" the electric mouse yelled, somersaulting through the air and flinging a charged ball of lighting.