Chapter 8: Actions or Words?

Author's Note: Hello my friends 💜 Once again I wanted to deeply apologize for taking so long with this chapter. (Apparently it's been 7 months since my last update...yikes 😅) I know a lot of you have been wanting an update for a while and I really wish I could've gotten this out sooner. But the truth is, I'm very busy in my personal life and I just don't have the time to write anymore. So all of my stories including this one are going to go on hold for now until further notice. I'll make a formal announcement on my profile later explaining more in detail but yeah, I hope you can all forgive me for the endless long wait with this chapter and that you can understand my need for a hiatus.

Enjoy the chapter! 😊

Katherine sighed softly, twirling a delicate golden chain between her fingers. The small blue sapphire rose dangled the more she played with the necklace.

She wondered how such a tiny thing could hold so many memories. Memories of a life long since past.

"Oh my." A young human Katerina whispered as Klaus dragged her long the busy marketplace. She had never seen so many people gathered in one place, nor had she ever seen a marketplace illuminated with torches while a big bright full moon shone above them. It made everything sparkle with life. And somehow Klaus had deemed her worthy of seeing this. Of being with him in this moment. Not any other lady. Only her.

It truly had been a perfect night. He let her run to every vendor stall she found interesting, all while entertaining her with the most wondrous stories of his life, and the most beautiful compliments. She hadn't thought the night could be any more perfect, until they made their way back to the castle and he made her close her eyes.

At first, she thought he was going to kiss her. She would have gladly welcomed it. But what happened was far better. She felt a soft chain brush over her skin and something resting on her chest. Then she heard him instruct her to open her eyes once more.

When she did, she found the beautiful blue rose necklace around her neck, and Klaus looking at her Witt a loving expression in his eyes.

"I saw it and thought of you, my lady Katerina. I knew you were destined to have it. It is unique. The most rare and gorgeous rose to exist. Just as you are."-

Katherine's thoughts were abruptly interrupted by the slamming of a door, followed by some incomprehensible shouting. She sighed heavily and got up from the bed, making sure to hide the necklace back in the box under her bed, before exiting her room.

The only thing she managed to overhear was Caroline's voice yelling at Klaus to leave her alone before yet another door was slammed.

Her gaze traveled to Klaus as he made his way up the stairs with a defeated look on his face. She wanted to ask him what happened but the look in his eyes easily told her not to. Not yet anyway.

"She's an idiot." She still called out when he began to walk away from her. "You know. For whatever it is she did."

She heard him sigh and finally he turned to look at her.

"She found out about us. She believes I was, leading her on whilst already being in a committed relationship with you. I'm afraid she is headed back to Mystic Falls tonight."

She wished she hadn't said anything. She wished she would've just kept her big mouth shut, because then she wouldn't have heard the disappointment in his voice or the way he looked at the floor dejectedly. He really liked Caroline. That much was obvious from just looking at him. She was sure that even someone who knew nothing about him would be able to guess he was having romance related problems.