Nineteen

The big three. Also known as the most dangerous gangs in the world. They joined together in a commune decades ago when their members were straying off and creating their own corporations. They were scared that they'd be overthrown in a battle of power. More people everyday were joining the rogues, expanding more dangerous businesses all over the globe.

Despite this, the big three remained intact as one, no other coming close to replacing them. Everyone feared them, even each other. Until they messed with the wrong gang, especially one person in particular.

⚜️

Every joint creaked in ache, like a tin man in need of oil, as he trudged out of bed the next morning. His head was in bits, unwanted voices scattered around his mind giving him a daily reminder.

Attempting to rub away his headache, Hongjoong walked into the bathroom. Seonghwa was already present in there, mid-way through brushing his teeth, yet Hongjoong simply ignored the older and made his way to the cabinet under the sink. To do so, he had to nudge Seonghwa's legs out of the way. Seonghwa gripped his toothbrush tighter in his hand as he stepped out of the way, watching Hongjoong subtly.

Hongjoong brought out three prescription bottles, emptying one of each in his hand. He wasn't bothered if Seonghwa saw him; he already knew his secret.

After spitting out the remains of toothpaste in his mouth, Seonghwa spoke. "Why didn't u tell me?"

Without looking at him, Hongjoong shrugged. "I don't really go around bragging about who I've killed."

"No. I meant the medication." Hongjoong took a seat on the bathtub, looking up at him. "You have behavioural issues, right?"

"How'd you know?"

Seonghwa grabbed a towel off the handrail and wiped his mouth, his free hand gesturing to the pills twirling in Hongjoong's palm. "In Taiwan. I saw them in your bag."

Both Hongjoong's eyebrows rose and dropped in acknowledgement before swigging the tablets down his throat with a hard swallow. "Well." He sighed. "Everyone's got their problems." And then he sat up and grabbed his own toothbrush.

Seonghwa stood behind the younger and watched him through the mirror above the sink. "I'm not scared of you y'know."

Hongjoong's eyes looked terrifing when he looked up from his head-down position so he could meet Seonghwa's eyes through the mirror. He spat out the toothpaste and licked the foam around his lips. "You're not?" There was something in his voice. Hope. And Seonghwa heard it.

"You're still Hongjoong to me. Not the Slayer." And he left.

Hongjoong's body relaxed. He didn't know how much he desired to hear those words and they hit him like a ton of bricks.

⚜️

There was a knock on Chanyeol's office door and he answered with a calm "come in." But he wasn't expecting to see Kim Minseok entering. He completely disregarded his previous task and built up mental walls when the older took a seat without asking.

Chanyeol sat back in his seat and crossed his fingers over his stomach. "What brings you here today?"

"This isn't working." Minseok said. "Hongjoong is still being threatened. He was even held hostage last night. This marriage is only making things worse."

"That sounds like a you problem. My only purpose in this alliance was simply peace. You on the other hand are using my my name for your son's protection." Chnageol replied.

"Damn right I am. Hongjoong's safety means everything to me."

"And Seonghwa's does to me."

Minseok leaned forward. "We both know you should be thankful for Hongjoong. He got rid of every single one of those fuckers that controlled us."