Twenty three

The ceremony passed in a slow blur. Seonghwa sat on a table, glass of scotch in hand, watching as his husband danced with the other guests. Hongjoong was hammered, and Seonghwa found it oddly calming. He loves the way Hongjoong's worries seemed to all fade away with liquid courage. His smile brightened the room and his laughter was music to everyone's ears. He was actually making jokes and entertaining everyone around him. Seonghwa had to sit and watch as everyone fell in love with his husband. In that moment he wished everything was so much different. What if he had met Hongjoong a completely different way? Maybe if they lived more ordinary lives, this wouldn't be as hard.

Denial was a nasty consultation. But those minutes as he watched the younger, he wanted nothing but to protect Hongjoong's innocence. This was wrong.

His focus did not leave Hongjoong the whole night. He was dancing with someone Seonghwa recognised, assuming it was a gang member. His hand tightened around his glass, any tighter it would've exploded just by pure strength. The strangers hands traveled Hongjoong's body shamelessly, and Hongjoong was letting him. Hongjoong moved in closer to the other male, looking up at him with dazed eyes and a wide smile as he sang along to the lyrics of the music.

They got closer, and closer, until their torsos were practically glued together. All Seonghwa could see was green as jealously filled his veins. His glass hit the table with a slam, the sound drowned by the melodies playing loudly, and the scotch soaking his hand. He stood up from his seat and marched towards the pair. He bared in mind that he had no idea what or why he was doing what he was doing, he just allowed his body to move on it own until he reached his husband.

Seonghwa grabbed Hongjoong's wrist and pulled him away from the stranger, "back off." Was everything he said before he was dragging Hongjoong through the guests.

"Get off me!" Hongjoong retaliated. "Where are u taking me?" Seonghwa didn't answer, he just carried on pulling and leading the way until they reached the bathroom. He slammed the door shut behind them, not yet facing Hongjoong who was rubbing his wrist and giving Seonghwa a strange look. "What are u doing?" He questioned again.

Slowly, Seonghwa faced the younger. "What do u think u was doing out there?" His voice came out a lot louder than he expected, his finger pointing towards the shut door.

"Dancing, Seonghwa. It's what people do at parties believe it or not." Hongjoong rolled his eyes. "What is your problem?"

Seonghwa scoffed. His hand rested on his hip while the other rubbed his forehead. "For gods sake, Hongjoong."

"I've done nothing wrong."

"You're married!" Seonghwa yelled. "And you're out there dancing with other men like I don't exist!"

Hongjoong's eyes widened, not expecting that response. "It's a fake marriage. You know that. I know that. Everyone out there knows that."

Seonghwa stepped closer to the younger until they were basically touching, looking down as his breath got heavier. He was stressed. He didn't know what this feeling was but he hated it. He wanted to walk out that bathroom and never look back, removing Hongjoong from his life altogether, but he was betrayed by intrusive thoughts. "You're mine." The words came out softly, his gaze travelling down to Hongjoong lips. He watched as they parted in retribution, but before Hongjoong could utter a word, Seonghwa closed the gap between them.

They both remained still at first impact, it only took seconds before the pair leaned in softer, allowed their lips to part and crash again. Seonghwa's hand snaked around Hongjoong's nape, bringing him in closer. Hongjoong's palms took their place on Seonghwa's chest as they deepened the kiss. It was as if their surrounding melted around them. They were the only people to exist in that moment, they never wanted it to end, but it eventually did.