→chapter 1←

It's just another boring day. But it's worse. I can't just dissapear from here, because my mother is planning a ball today and i have to be here. And i have to wear this stupid clothes for 'better people'. I think I'm looking like a doll from 5 year old child in it!

You can't imagine how much i want to take my brown cloak and go to the forest, where I'm hiding my weapons. I have there just bigger knife and a sword. I actually don't know why the sword is there, because it's too big for me, so I'm using just the knife.

My parents don't want me to learn how to use weapons, because according to them our guards will protect us. So I'm trying to learn it myself. But i have to be careful. No one takes so much care of me, but I'm paying attention rather.

Maybe I am first-born child, so I'm heir apparent of Clonmel's crown, but everyone knows I don't care about it and they accepted it.

Except my brother Ferris. I told him hundred times that he can be successor if he wants it so bad. But he still thinks that i want to deceive him and take the crown for myself. In my opinion he's a little bit crazy. Okay maybe more than a little. He tried to poison me multiple times!!

Only my sister it normal in here. She's the only person with i can talk. My mum is trying to understand me, but I can't trust her. Some time ago i had in the forest better knives and long bow, but i trusted her when she said that i can tell her anything and she won't tell my father. It was a big mistake. I told her about my practicing in the forest and my father took me all my honestly stolen weapons and in addition, I had a house arrest for a month. Since then i don't trust anyone.

But let's concentrate for today. Ball starts in 2 hours and i have to choose one of my 'really great' suits. There's one which is kinda loose, but it's pink so I'm not goinna wear it. And the second one is markedly red with big white sleeves. Both of them suggested my mother thinking how good it'll looks on me. I can give her point for trying, even that i told her that i want green.

For what is good expressive clothes? If it wears everyone, it makes no sense, cuz you should stand out but wjen it has everyone you'll just fit. Which is exactly what i like by the way. I mean when people just ignoring me.

I really wanna know why I'm supposed to be here because we all know that i always sit in the corner with my sister Caithlyn and we're making fun of people's acting and clothes.

Someone came to my room and  took me of my toughts. "Hey, Halt, are you ready? The ball starts in a while, so please change and come downstairs." I sighed and answered to her "Yes mom, I'll be there soon." I tried to sound happily, because I don't want her to know how much i hate it and give fahter amother thing to piss me off.

When i came to my family, i had to overcome to don't smile. Yes, their costumes was so horrible. After putting ball me and Caithlyn were dissapeared to find some quite invisible place from where we can slander our hosts. "Oh you look like a really handsome tomato," she told suspiciously serious. " In your place, I would first look at myself, " i said to her with michevious grin. "Oh and what's so wrong with my 'super original' look?" "Wait you're really asking?" i smiled "you look like a freshly picked cucumber." Caithlyn started laughing and she added "i think our mom wanted to do field aesthetic for today." "Well, last time we all looked like a pastry, so i think she's addicted to dress our family like a food." "Yes but it's still much better even if she wants to dress us like animals." "Yeah, if she ever wants to do that, i'll run from here to another kingdom," she said chuckling.

But that was my plan. I've been planning a few weeks how to run from our castle and go somewhere else. But i can't tell her, because she probably start to talk me out of it. I don't want to let her here with this people calling themselves my family. I thought to ask her come with me, but she wasn't practicing in quite walk, hiding in shadows or using a knife like me and there's big chance that she's gonna say no because she already used to live this life.

The rest of the ball went on as usual. Our mom found us a few times and she took us in the middle, but after she walked away to talk with guests, we dissapeared to another quite and hidden place.

The next day i woke up at half past 5 and went to practice to the forest. I learned how's guards moving a long time ago, so it was easy to walk between them unnoticed.

I already learned some tricks with knife. Sometimes I watch knight's apprentices and then i'm trying to imitate them. And i think it works. But now the hardest part is coming. I want to learn throwing that knife. But i have no idea how to do that.

I' ve been trying to figure it out for 2 hours but then i gave up and went back to the castle. I had nothing to do so i decided to go watch what's Caithlyn doing right now.

I was on the way to her room, but then i heard some voices from my father's office. I came closer and i put my ear on the door to listen what's going on.

He don't have guardians in front of his door because he is really good at fighting and he knew it. That is just good for me.

I heard 2 voices. "I don't know what exactly is he soing here sir," said one voice, probably some guardian. "Ao fugure it out! What if he's here as a spy, you know how dangerous rangers are!!" Yelled the second voice, which belong to my father. "I heard that some guy named Morgarath fired all rangers with training and in their plces he hired some stupid men. I don't know why is he doing this, i'm just saying what i heard of sir." "I don't care about this, i don't wanna to have anything common with rangers or  Margaroth, tell this ranger to go out of my kingdom!" "Actually it's Morgarath si.." "I don't care about his name!!! Now go, i'm sick of you." Yes sir, i'm sorry sir, i'm going to do everything what i can sir."

I hided when the guard came off my father's office and then i went back to my room to think, because i think i need to change my plans for escape from here.

A/N
Hello guys, so this is the first chapter i randomly invented in 3am, so i hope you like it if there is really someone who reading this lines <3