Serpico x Reader

You were really beginning to hate the holy iron chain knights.

Especially their leader.

Lady Farnese..

She was a walking nightmare and the longer you were around the more she exposed just how sinister and twisted she were.

Initially you let their whole reputation and mission convince you it was to protect and promote a healthy religion. Maybe spread hope in this accursed world..

But the longer you bared witness to their actions you realized they were the accursed ones.

You weren't overly religious yourself but once you got a taste of what the "holy see" insinuated, it had you sick to your stomach.

You felt trapped.

You grew up poor and your parents pushed you to join their army. It was an opportunity to earn a respectful title as well they allowed for women to join.

Most of the other soldiers were actual royalty you noticed.. You tended to keep quiet of your own origins due to this.

You knew you couldn't return home. It would burden your parents..

 If you took action to leave you'd be labeled a heretic anyway.. and likely get burned at the stake by Farnese.

You half debated assassinating her and bringing her down with you. At least you'd rid the world of just one evil..

She may have not seen it in your eyes.. the animosity.. but someone else did.

Serpico..

He was on to you from the start.

You had approached with a blade tucked in your inner thigh garment. You wore nothing but your night dress.

You approached her room in the dead of night. No one was around. You even arranged for a guard to distract Serpico with a game of chess. You were aware of how he always guarded her. The rest of the soldiers seemed to secretly despise her.. but not him.

The moonlight spread through the hall Illuminating your path.

Just as your hand met her door a hand caught your wrist. You were instantly shoved against the wall.

You half gasped from the brute force as a tall man leaned over you. The look in his eyes was venomous.

"Serpico.." you were stunned with fear. He wasn't supposed to be here..

"What are you doing at this hour?" You asked with wide eyes.

"I should be asking you the same thing" he kept his hold on you not leaving much breathing space.

"I thought you were supposed to be out with Yoni.."

"Oh. So you arranged that did you?" His clever eyes refused to stand down. 

You didn't want to admit how nervous he made you. Despite your deep hatred for what he so shamelessly protected you found yourself disarmed in his presence.