Chapter 3: Enter Professor Harry Potter

On Thursday morning, almost two whole days after they saw Harry Potter swishing about on a broom before dinner, Yoa observed how smiley and fidgety most students in her year were at breakfast. Some who showed up at the hall didn't touch any food and talked a whole bunch while constantly shaking their hands like dogs shaking water off their back, except instead of water, it was adrenaline. She even saw some people who rarely showed up at class on time, but here they all were, an hour early, all trying desperately to pretend that there was nothing special going on. She had one hypothesis of what might have caused this and the man in question was calmly taking a big bite of egg. His hair was the same amount of soft-looking abstract mess as it was on Tuesday when he first introduced himself in front of everyone (she had thought it was the wind, but after passing by the Professor multiple times in the corridor, it seemed to be his permanent state). Yes. They would all have their first Harry Potter led DADA today and it was right after breakfast.

When the first bell rang, signalling ten minutes till class, multiple students raised all at once and walked towards the door. The stampede has begun.

By the time the final bell rang, the class was already full. Jin was impressed by the sheer number of people in the room, not knowing there was that many students in their year—mostly because there was always some who skips—and Yoa was impressed by herself for showing up completely prepared and not dishevelled ten full minutes before the professor shows up.

"Jimin! Yoongi!" she spotted them and waved, jumping. It was hard to get someone attention in a room filled with so much chatter it all sounded like echoes.

Jimin did see her and dragged Yoongi across the room with him by his robe when he came over.

"Oh, Jimin," Jin said excitedly—maybe a little too excited. It seemed that he too was feeling the air vibrate with anticipation. "Yoongs, didn't see you at breakfast. You look better."

Yoongi sighed dreamily. "Woke up at eight. Slept at seven yesterday."

"That'll pay the sleep deficit you've been operating on lately."

"Did anyone see Hope and Joon?"

"Sorry, I'm late," the door swung open to a slightly dishevelled Professor Potter, his sweater and jeans showing under the opened robe. "We were supposed to be studying about boggarts today but my boggart order is stuck in delivery, something about an old ministry eagle with a bad sense of direction"—the class laughed—"and because I just checked that Mr. Filtch office also had no boggart in it. Therefore, we're learning about red caps today, remember to pay attention. DADA is a very practical class and we'll have a practical exam too of course. It's gonna be fun, but you'll need to know all the necessary spells." He exhaled softly and leaned lightly on the teacher's desk. "I'll learn your name as we go along, so for those of you who are naturally shy, good for you. Before we begin, any question?"

Thirty pairs of hands shot up.

"About this course."

Most of them lowered aside from one.

"Oh, there's Namjoon!" Yoa pointed out. He was the one hand still raised.

"Will all of us fit nicely in this class? The room's kinda small."

"Mh. You're right," he said, staring at the walls. "Okay, I got it. Everyone stay away from the walls."

Jimin and Jin who were all relatively close to the wall, backed away cautiously, grabbing Yoongi and Yoa with them.

Once everyone was at a relatively safe distance from whatever Professor Potter was thinking of doing, he waved his wand, muttering under his breath, and the room stretched in all directions. Advance transfiguration.