FIVE

I woke up scared in a puddle of sweat, tears, and piss, getting angry at myself in a slight panic. I jumped up, ripping the clothes off myself and putting on new ones. I stared at the bed for several minutes, trying to decide what to do. I took a deep breath and decided that I would just have to get it in the wash before Alexia got up. I threw my stuffie and pacifier back into the cubby, and I quickly pulled it off, balling it up and hurrying upstairs. Every time that I pressed a button on the washer it made a "ding" which got annoying as I was struggling to figure it out.

"Oh Kiara dear, let me! Didn't Alexia tell you, I do the laundry here. Wait, wait." Sherry rushed up to help me as the tears streamed my face with the realization that I was caught. I will never be able to keep my job here. "Oh my, honey." She sported a sympathetic smile as she realized what had happened.

"P-Please don't tell Alexia..." I begged softly.

"Sh sh. I'll handle it. Come on." She easily started the washer and led me back to my bedroom. I sat on the bed while she pulled fresh bedding from the closet.

"A-Are you going to tell her?"

"I'm not sure yet, dearest." I helped her pulling the sheets onto the bed.

"I-I really need this job."

"Honey, I can assure you that she will not fire you for an accident."

"I don't know." I mumbled and she smiled at me.

"I do."

"J-Just please don't tell Alexia." I begged and almost screamed when I heard a familiar authoritative voice behind me.

"Don't tell Alexia what, Kiara?" I shook like a leaf as I didn't dare turn around.

"Now, Lexi, we are not going to scare the baby." Sherry smiled but I heard a frustrated breath leave the woman behind me who was wearing a hoodie and sweat pants when she walked up nose to nose with the older woman.

"I don't see a damn baby, and I suggest you tell me what the hell is going on here, Sharon." Her voice was one of stone in the face of the other who replied equally forcefully.

"It is not my place, and it is not yours, Alexia Marks Ball, to act such a hotheaded fool. You know better." She dug her finger into her chest and the younger woman hesitantly stepped down.

"I-I'm sorry." I squeaked and Alexia shot me a look that almost brought tears to my eyes.

"Kiara, put on your under top and get your ass to the top floor. Sharon, finish what you're doing and start breakfast." She slammed the door behind her and I practically ran to change into the appropriate clothes.

"Don't worry about her, princess. She will get over it. Just tell her the truth." I didn't have time to really listen to Sherry as I ran to get where I was told, in hopes not to lose my job.

"Don't run in the house. Stand on the stool." Her voice was very monotone, but I didn't dare argue, doing as told. She held up a light pink dress that looked more like a super stretchy jacket as it had a zipper all the way up the front. She put my arms in the sleeves and zipped it not all the way so it showed what would be a lot of cleavage if I weren't wearing the thing underneath and it was very short. She sat on a rolling stool, working silently, adding a piece of fabric over the zipper with faux buttons. It was very soft, but the cold needle that brushed my skin when she got near the bottom had me shaky. It felt like it had been forever when she finally spoke.

"Tell me what was going on with Sherry, Kiara." She had visibly calmed down but was still very forceful as she spoke, gently sewing a skirt around the waist of the dress, the frills hiding the seams and zipper and spaces between each piece of fabric.