SIX

"Why would you ask Peyton?"

"Sh-She helps me make decisions." She shook her head.

"Is that by her choice or yours?"

"I don't really like to make decisions. It stresses me out. She makes it easier." She nodded now.

"I would prefer that you didn't ask her. If you were to ask me though, I would say you're beautiful. There is no reason to cover them. How about, we keep them uncovered this time and if that turns out to be something that you don't like, we will cover them next time?" I nodded.

"That works for me." She smiled.

"Are you finished eating?" I nodded. "Hm. I won't make you eat more right now because I know there are a lot of emotions floating around inside you, but I noticed that you didn't eat much. Finish your drink." She pulled out her phone and called someone.

"Hey. How many people are here? ... Shit. From now on, we aren't letting anyone in until start time. Will you ask someone to come get our dishes and send Jaicey and Lia down with hair and makeup supplies... oh fuck him... whatever. I don't care... alright. Thanks. Bye." She hung up and turned to me. "Are you ready for this?" I giggled nodding.

"I'm nervous!" She smiled at me.

"You'll have a good time. Come on." She walked into my room, going straight to the dresser. "This bra... hmm... where are the tights?" She looked through several drawers and started to walk towards the cubbies under the tv. I quickly stepped in front of them.

"There aren't any clothes in here! I already looked!" She raised an eyebrow.

"Okay?" She shook her head, chuckling and walking into the closet instead while I let out an exhale. She found a pair of sheer tights that I assume are what she was looking for. She handed me tights, the push up bra, a pair of heels, and a simple white lacey dress.

"This is so beautiful."

"I'm glad you think so. Go ahead and put it on. I will send Lia in to help you with your hair and makeup when she gets down here. I am going to be in my room if you need me." I nodded, smiling brightly. I was brushing through my hair when she knocked on my door. 

"Come in!" I welcomed her and she sat her things in the floor beside the bed where she sat with me.

"You look gorgeous, Miss Athens." I blushed, smiling.

"Thank you. You can um call me Kiara." She nodded.

"Of course." She took the brush, patting my hair on the left side. She made reasonably quick work of braiding it across the front and down the side, tying it together with a pink ribbon.

"Miss Ball instructed me to double check if you wanted your scars covered." I shook my head, forcing a smile. She smiled back and nodded, beginning gently on my makeup. She didn't apply much, so it ended with a pretty natural look.

"Wow, Lia. You're so talented." I stared shocked at myself in the mirror. I looked like a babydoll. I seemed small and innocent and pure.

"Do you like it?" She seemed as excited as me.

"I love it! Thank you so much."

"You look beautiful! We need to show Miss Ball! Come on!" She hurried to Alexia's room with me not far behind. She knocked, but didn't wait for a reply as she rushed in.

"She is all done, Miss Ball! I think you will be pleasantly surprised." I stepped in the room and was struck frozen in place. She was wearing black pants and a black blazer with a v-neck white t-shirt that was just tight enough. Her short hair was fluffed up and she wore no makeup. Neither of us spoke or moved, looking at the other.