2 | mystery

5000 BC 
Mesopotamia

zara watched the eternals fight deviants while thinking to herself that why didn't ajak let her go too, ikaris saved the little boy from getting killed by the deviant.

just a second later another came behind him but makkari just in time moved him away by using her speed.

on the otherside she saw thena and gilgamesh kill the deviant together and so did kingo but she was up here just watching which made her blood boil.

do they think i'm not good enough to fight down there? she had asked herself questions like these far too many times before that it didn't hurt her anymore.

“does it upset you that you didn't get choosen?” says the voice which had been luring in her head for hours, she didn't need to look at him to know he was still gazing at her.

“i don't see you down there either” she says while turning her head to look at the boy, she realised what she had said came out ruder than expected as she watched him frown.

she didn't blame the people who had thought she was rude or didn't like to talk much since she made no attempt to socialize with anyone, except makkari and druig she still hadn't talk to anyone here.

“i have different abilities, love.” he said with a soft tone which made zara's heart jump,love”.

“oh.”she whispered.

everyone here had the abilities that isn't needed down there fighting the deviants.. except her.

druig looked at her expression which made him hurt far more than her. he didn't understand either why ajak had told zara specifically not to go this time, ajak is hiding something he was pretty sure of it when she told zara “it's for the better.”zara didn't say anything but nodded. druig wasn't supposed to be there when it happened but curiosity got the best out of him.

but what hurt him even more was that she didn't look hurt. she looked like she was used to this.

“what are your powers..?”druig asked hesitantly.

she looked at him and smiled a bit
“you will soon find out.”

he chuckled not sure of what that's supposed to mean
"i sure will beautful zara."

———

“you did great!” zara heard everyone say after they all came back.

druig did mind control..she wanted to ask him before but just couldn't.
she saw him control every human there
questions came into her head

what does it feel like? having control over everyone there?
she wanted to ask him but just shrugged it off, one day perhaps.

she had zoned out.
what she didn't realise was that the boy who she's thinking about had been staring at her the whole time
what could she possibly be thinking about this deeply?

he smiled as she realised she had zoned out. she was still a mystery to him which he was dying to find more about but not from anyone other than her.

“stop staring it's creepy” makkari signed as druig shrugged “i don't know what you're talking about” he signed back.
“yeah sure keep telling yourself that” makkari rolled her eyes and so did druig.

when druig looked back she was gone.
he looked around but she was nowhere to be found.

“looking for the mystery girl, druig?” ikaris said making druig's blood boil.
“she has a name you know?” he spat not caring how rude he sounds.

“oh really? what was it again? i didn't see her talking to anyone other than you.. so you must know” ikaris smirked knowing the impact he had on him

druig rolled his eyes and went outside looking for her.

  ———