5 | cold

zara stayed in her room for the rest of the day. she couldn't forget how they looked at her, like her powers were disgusting yet scary.

maybe it was because they thought my powers were light since they saw my hands manipulating the sun's energy inside them and that just surprised them a bit at the sudden change..?
she tried telling herself as she finally walked out of her room to the kitchen.

they were all sitting together laughing about something but suddenly stopped as she came in sight.

"hi" she whispered while finding something to eat
"ah zara, how are you? we were worried since no one saw you the whole day" said Gilgamesh out loud making her smile a bit.

"i was just exhausted." she stated simply taking a bite into the apple she just found.

which was actually true, she shouldn't have killed two deviants at the same time as it consumed her energy, not at the time but later.

Gilgamesh nodded while continuing talking to thena about something.

zara took a seat beside druig as she watched him not smiling at her as usual.. he wasn't even looking at her but talking to makkari about a green emarald tablet.

makkari waved at her while smiling, "you good?" she signed, zara nodded while standing up since she saw druig acting like she wasn't even there, just like everyone did.

***

zara glided herself to the surface, body still in water but head out catching her breath as she heard footsteps approaching the lake. she looked up just to see druig she didn't say anything as she watched him take off his boots and sitting opposite to her putting his legs inside the water.

"what are you doing here" she asked him which seemed more like a statement than a question.

"i'm sorry." he looked down at her pushing her wet hair back
"i don't know what you're talking about."

"oh c'mon zara, don't do this to me.. i was just surprised and then you didn't show up whole day."

"i was just exhausted" she shrugged
but suddenly gasped as she saw the bruise below his eyes. she moved closer to his face cupping it with her hands looking at it carefully not realising what she's doing to the boy infront of her.

"what.. what happened?"
he shrugged but saw her glaring at him
"ikaris was talking shit about your powers and i just punched him..?"
she laughed making him frown in confusion

"what are you laughing about? did i not tell you ikaris- talking-shit-about-you?" he said exaggerating the words making her laugh even more.

"oh druig, you didn't have to do that." she said between laughs
"i'm extremely confused right now."
"i couldn't care less about what he thinks druig. he doesn't care about anything other than the mission, it must be a pity to be him. what i do care about is, are you mad at me for not telling you before?"

"you told me i will see them when you fight a deviant, so no my sweet sweet zara i could never be mad at you. i was just surprised a bit when it happened, your powers are beautiful just like you don't let anyone else tell you otherwise."

he didn't realise what he just said made all her worries go away she looked up at him smiling trying not to cry.

part of her knew her powers made him a bit anxious too but she didn't blame him nor the others as it surrounded deep darkness. she surrounded darkness.

"you should come out of the lake, love. you will get cold." he said pulling her towards him to the ground.

"don't! you will get wet too!"
"that's not gonna make me stop!" he said yelling as he picked her up throwing her around his arms as she screamed while laughing
"c'mon! put me down!"
"when we get inside i will!"
running inside the domo rushing inside her room as it was midnight no one noticed them.

he put her down once they were inside the room, he noticed her shivering due to the cold and immediately opened her closet picking out some clothes for her to sleep in.

"i told you, you'd get cold!" he said with a worried look she just shrugged and focused on her hands forming a ball of energy radiating heat and warmth.

she smiled looking up at druig who was watching the light in awe. she motioned him to sit beside her, so he did.

"i could never get used to this, it looks.. ethereal."

---
A/N: ignore the errors pls i wrote this at 3 am -.-