①③ ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ?!

Act 13 – How Did You Know?!

Kim Dokja was led to a door that opened to an adjoining guest room. He entered it, leaving Han MyungOh behind, and went straight to that room's door that led to the hallway, making it seem like he came out from a different room (the room next to where he entered).

He traversed the hallway in confident steps. He was being followed by the two men who were acting like bodyguards, and not minding all people who curiously glanced at him.

He wanted to leave the hotel furtively but that's impossible with these two hunks following after him, adding to it his lavish outfit. His only choice was to hasten his steps and ignore all his surroundings.

Fortunately, upon arriving at the hotel's entryway, a black car was already there waiting. He was assisted by another man in black suit and opened the car's door for him. He wordlessly and empathetically hopped into the car without looking at anyone.

The car's door was closed and he finally relaxed himself, the tinted windows covering him from the spectators outside. The other men with him went to the car tailing at the back.

"Long time no see. How are you, honorable Young Master?"

Dokja peered at the grinning woman seated in the passenger seat. He finally removed his sunglasses.

"Jung Heewon-ssi! I didn't think you would be here."

"Who would be here if it's not me? I am not Guwon-nim's personal bodyguard in name only. Though sometimes I hoped I could take Han MyungOh's position instead and become Kim Dokja's bodyguard." There was a hint of displeasure in her tone. She was supposed to be his bodyguard but she couldn't do it when Dokja was an actor. She was known to be Guwon's bodyguard, not Kim Dokja's.

"Han MyungOh is my personal assistant, not a bodyguard."

"That's the questionable part. That man didn't know how to fight. And he's the only one who can be beside you in your side job!"

Dokja chuckled. "My side job as an actor isn't as dangerous."

"But you spend more time on that side job of yours than being Guwon. I don't know what I'm here for anymore."

Dokja didn't pursue the topic since he knew he would surely lose. "Anyway, wasn't that too much? Sending two bodyguards? I know that the hotel was owned by Father so shouldn't it be okay for me without them?"

"True. But it's a public place and we aren't the only ones using the facility. Even if people didn't know that you're Guwon, the infamous son and heir of UW, we still couldn't be too lax with your security. You have too many enemies."

"And yet father wants me to attend that masquerade tonight?"

"You can talk to him later for details. But I doubt he would agree with you not going."