②⑧ ʜᴏᴡ ᴜᴛᴛᴇʀʟʏ ᴅᴇsᴘɪᴄᴀʙʟᴇ!

Act 28 – How Utterly Despicable!

Kim Dokja savored his canned caramel latté until the last sip. After a while, he finally stood up and went outside of the store. He stopped at the side of the door for a few seconds, casually looking around.

He could vaguely see the people his men put under surveillance. They were finally not shying away as their figures left their mouse hole.

One by one, the rats were also being knocked out and dragged away just a few steps from their hiding spot. Kim Dokja snorted as he left the entrance of the convenience store with his hoods still propped up. 

His men were so skillful, they worked like professional kidnappers.

He was only there as bait. And he was really an effective bait.

Everything was going pretty well, until he received a short call he listened through his earphones, {"Dok- ...Sir, there seems to be more of them than expected."}

'Why did he suddenly change to 'Sir'?' Kim Dokja was baffled. 'Are they people who know that I'm Guwon?'

Kim Dokja frowned at his assumption. He whispered towards his earphones, "Got it, I'll lure them out."

He started walking further away. "What about the leader?"

{"He seems to have noticed his men are suddenly missing one by one. He changed his position and we're still-"}

There was a noise from the other line. Dokja gave all his attention to the phone, until the call was unexpectedly cut off.

Dokja's steps halted. He casually glanced around, before he continued his steps. He looked like he was someone walking out on a park, but his eyes were vigilant. He also removed his  earphones to focus his ears on the surroundings.

'If it's like this...then...'

Kim Dokja didn't know what exactly happened to the person on the phone. It was impossible for that person's phone to be snatched, or for its battery to die all of a sudden. That person was a capable professional guard tempered by Jung Heewon herself. He would also not be hired by his father if he was this careless.

Dokja was sure some incident happened. Things might get dangerous if he dragged this out.

'The fastest way is to lure out the leader himself.' Dokja didn't bother waiting for contact anymore. He turned his heels towards a place with less people, deprived of lighting, his unhesitant steps landed on the dusty ground.

Sure enough, another figure was following him behind. Kim Dokja wanted to click his tongue in disgust, but he continued his steps.

The figure tailing him moved faster until they were an arm width away, and Kim Dokja swiftly turned his body around to kick the stalker.

The man staggered, but he laughed.

Kim Dokja made a few vigilant steps back to regain distance. "Who are you?"