Chapter 2.5 - God Save Cleveland

(A/N): Fuck you past me for not being able to think correctly.

Cleveland POV

Azur Lane Base

"Right," Sovereign said as he summoned his ship.

I looked in awe. Even if I have already seen his ship, it does not make it any less awe-inspiring.

"So, wanna go now?"

"I don't see why not," he said as he turned around to face me. "Where to first?"

"To the Academy!" I exclaimed, grabbing his arm and dragging him with me.

"Oi!" he shouted, not appreciating me dragging him along.

I giggled at his reaction and let go. 

"Thank you," he said, clearly relieved. "Well let's get going. Lead the way."

"Okay," I said, giving him a thumbs up.

And so we walked from the harbor up to the academy.

On our way there, we walked through a park.

"This place is quite nice," he said, looking around at his surroundings.

"It really is! A lot of girls come here and relax." I informed him.

I then saw some destroyers playing hide and seek. I smiled at them, remembering the old days when I played with my sisters when they didn't call me 'Clevebro'.

Something poked at my shoulder. Turning around, I saw Sovereign staring at something. "Hey Cleveland," he said, his eyes narrowing. "Who the hell is that?"

I shifted my gaze at the bush he was staring so intently at. And there I saw Ark Royal.

Oh no.

"That's Ark Royal. She's quite infamous around here," I told him, getting ready to go and punch her.

"And why is that?" he asked, his eyes narrowing.

I had a feeling that he already knew why, but I told him anyway.

"She likes destroyers. Maybe a little too much and for all the wrong reasons."

I didn't have time to cover my face as a gust of wind blinded me.

"Where did that come from!" I exclaimed, rubbing my eyes.

I looked over to Sovereign. Or at least, where I thought he was.

"Where did you g-," I said, before looking at the bush again.

My eyes widened. I do not know if it was because of the shock, horror, amusement, or all three at once, but I started laughing.

I saw Sovereign, holding Ark Royal by the throat.

"YEET!" he shouted as he threw her with enough force to sink a Siren cruiser.

I started laughing harder.

"I'm blasting off again~!" the lolicon shouted, a trail of blood behind her as she was launched into space.

I was wheezing at this point, clutching my belly as it started hurting from laughter.

"My belly hurts!" I shouted, rolling on the ground, trying, but failing, to catch my breath.

Turning to face me, he looked worriedly at me as I coughed because of my laughing fit.

"You alright Cleveland?" he said, looking at me.

"Yeah. I'm fine," I struggled to say as I got up.

After a coughing fit and him having to support me so I wouldn't fall over, we went on our merry way.