Prologue

This novel is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents in this book are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This story includes strong language and scenes that could be disturbing to certain readers. Read at your own risk.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Naviiiii, let's go partyyyyy~" sambit ni Haze. I looked at my watch and turned to her drunk face.

"You're drunk, let's go." I tried to carry her only to land on the sofa with a thump. This girl is drunk beyond her wits. Napailing na lang ako.

It was a Saturday, and Club Sono was full of all kinds of people who went here for two things: to have fun and hook up. The speakers roared as the lights continued to flicker in different colors. Everyone was having fun dancing, but here I am stuck with this girl who decided to call me just to be a sort of bouncer.

"Haze, hindi ka ba susunduin? You're goddamn wasted!" Napabuntong-hininga na lang ako at umupo, looking at the table filled with all sorts of drinks. What on earth happened with this girl? Napapikit ako nang mariin habang hinihilot ang sintido ko nang bigla siyang tumayo na parang hindi siya lasing.

"Tatayo ka rin naman pal-" Di ko na natapos ang sinabi ko dahil mabilis siyang naglakad palabas! Agad-agad kong isinukbit ang bag ko at hinabol siya, but her walk turned into a run and I ended up running after her while she's laughing like a crazy girl!

"Harlene Azelle! You crazy b*tch stop this instant!" Sigaw ko but she just laughed at me and continued to run. Palayo na kami sa Club Sono and this is the freaking main road! I continued running and just when I thought the worst could happen, I heard a violent screech as Haze's unconscious body lay on the cold concrete road. My hands froze and I couldn't think straight as I ran to her.

"Haze!" I immediately took her in my arms and I felt relief as I felt her breathing. I was on the verge of crying and I didn't mind the sound of the car door banging as the driver came out.

"Get up, we're going to the hospital." The desire to cry vanished as a familiar voice rung through my ears.

A voice I never wanted to hear again.

"Wala namang major concussions and injuries, alcohol-induced coma lang siya so she will be awake later on." I nodded at Dr. Sazon as she left the room. It was already 1:00AM and I am feeling drowsy already, which didn't last for long when the door opened at pumasok si tita Suzanne. I immediately stood up at nagmano, she looked at me with worry.

"Tita sorry po, kayo lang po matatawagan ko kasi baka pagalitan sya ni tita Yvette." I tried to reason out and she held my hand warmly.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt anywhere?" Umiling ako and she seemed relieved, she then turned her eyes to Haze who was sleeping soundly like she didn't almost die.

"Juskong bata ka Haze, patay ka na naman kay ate Yvette pag nalaman nya 'to." I stayed there until 2AM at nagpaalam na din dahil di ko na kinakaya ang antok. Tita Suzanne offered to drive me home but I declined, saying that I have some places to stop at kahit ang totoo wala naman. She then bid me off and told me she will give updates when Haze wakes up.

The December breeze gave me chills as I walked out of the hospital. It all seemed so quiet, too quiet for my liking actually. I sighed and waited for a taxi to come over para makauwi na ako. But instead of a taxi, a black SUV parked in front of me. As its windows rolled, I wished I didn't leave the hospital.

"Need a ride?"

That familiar smirk.

It was him.