Chapter 5

"You're an idiot" I told him, stepping away. He smiled his gorgeous smile, as I sat down by the piano, I had really thought he was falling for me. I was ready to break his heart. I looked down the list of songs I had made for the performance options, and then I crossed off 'Over Again' by One Direction. Mason came up behind me and his jaw dropped. 

"What are you doing!? That song sounded awesome!" He told me, trying to grab the pencil from my hand, but when he did I had already crossed it off. I turned to look at him, a sarcastic expression on my face. 

"You didn't actually think I liked that song did you?" I asked him. He shook his head and I gave him a weak smile. I grabbed the sheet music next to me, and gave it to him. 

"Learn this song, be here in two days, same time, on time" I told him. He nodded, without even looking down at the music, he must know I have good taste in music now. 

I got up and started to walk out of the room, headed for upstairs but Mason's voice stopped me. 

"I'm sorry" He said. I didn't say anything, knowing it would drive him crazy, and I just went up the stairs, like nothing had happened. 

***

"This isn't right" I started to tell Victoria, "A cute face and a bad personality don't mix, it doesn't make sense" I finished. 

She laughed and then shrugged, knowing just as much as I did. 

I had been at my locker when Victoria had come up to me, asking me how yesterday went with Mason. 

"But he does have a really good voice, it was different, singing with someone so talented, even if he is a jerk" 

"What!? I'm not talented!?" Victoria asked me, I smiled at her and patted her shoulder. 

"Remember when Mrs. Frank had to ask you to stop singing?" I asked her. She hung her head low but we both laughed. 

"I think you like this boy" Victoria said to me, after we had stopped laughing. I looked at her, a cocked my head to the side. 

"Oh really? And why is that?" I asked. She smiled.

"He's just so..talented" She said dramatically, trying to impersonate me. I stuck my tongue out at her like a two year old. 

"I don't talk like that!" I told her, but I was laughing because the way she said it was hilarious. 

Then, Nikki decided to show up. 

"Hey Vic! Wanna go to the movies with me and David Saturday?" She asked Victoria. Noticed how I said Victoria, not 'Vic'. 

Victoria gave her a weak smile, "Um, I think I'm busy, sorry" 

Nikki frowned "Ugh, fine" She said before looking at me, as if making sure I knew I was being ignored. I shut my locker and refused to look at her. Then she shoved my against it, and continued to walk past me. 

"She's such a bra stuffer" She told the blonde to her right, looking at me to make sure I knew she was talking about me before she began to laugh.

Nikki was something. A wanna be whore, she switched guys about every month, and she always had to have the last word. Her red hair just showed how devil like she was. She wasn't even that pretty. She was pale and short, red short hair and a little chubby, but boys liked easy things didn't they? Nikki had hated me for forever. It was because she was obsessed with Victoria, always wanting to hang out with her and bring her as a third wheel on her dates to the movies where all she did was make out with the guy the whole time. She hated me because I was friends with Victoria, and it wasn't any secret that she liked me better, I almost felt bad for Nikki. Haha, just kidding. I hate her. 

I shook my head, refusing to let myself give her the satisfaction of her seeing me cry. I turned to Victoria and gestured my head to our History classroom, trying to be strong.

"Ready for class?" I asked her.