Chapter 7

• Dedicated to Mr. Lets Make Eye Contact every five seconds even though I will never make a mov

I had one verse. That was it, my song writers block was slowly wearing off and I had one full verse. This was so exciting, but it still was only one verse, not even close to a song. I sighed, putting my head in my hands. I still had song writers block.

I had the house to myself because mom had left this morning, I don't know why, or where she went, but I do know she hadn't talked to me when I came in last night or when she got up this morning. Don't you just love life? 

It wasn't like I did anything wrong, I asked why dad left. I had a right to know that, I was part of this family too; I should be able to know why my own dad walked out on us. But it was that parental inctinct wasn't it? The one where they have to keep their kids safe from harm, and can't emotionaly scar them even though we're already screwed up. But our parents only see what they want to see, then they pretend the rest doesn't exist, or maybe it's only my family that does that?

I went upstairs to grab some brekafast when I heard a knock on the front door. I grunted and looked down at myself. 

I was wearing PINK sweatpants and an over-sized sweatshirt, and I had to answer the door. In these clothes. What's a better way to start off your day? 

I walked over to the front door as I quickly put my hair up into a pony tail. When I opened the door I was surprised to see Mason standing there, guitar in hand. He looked a little disheveled and he wasn't wearing his classic beanie but instead, had no hat on. He was wearing a blue long sleeved shirt and jeans. He looked up at me, his eyes eager.

"Um hi?" I said awkwardly, giving a little shiver from the breeze coming from the open door. 

"Wanna come in?" I asked him. He nodded but still didn't say anything. I stepped back, allowing him space to walk inside. He put his guitar case down on one of the couches and started pacing like a mad man. 

"Mason?" I asked him. He shook his head, as if he hadn't heard me.

"This wasn't supposed to happen" He said. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. 

"How did you know where I live?" I asked him. Then he looked up at me. He stopped pacing and just stood there.

"I called your mom and told her we had to rehearse" I nodded. 

"We're not suppose to rehearse until tomorrow"

"I know"

"Then why are you here Mason?"

"I-I have something to show you, for you" He told me. I stared at him for a second, not knowing what to say. 

"Um okay, go ahead" I said gesturing to him. He nodded and took his guitar out of the case and putting the strap around him. He was adorable when he was nervous. 

"I've been beaten down, I've been kicked around, 

But she takes it all for me.

And I lost my faith, in my darkest days, 

But she makes me want to believe.

They call her love, love, love, love, love. 

She is love, and she is all I need.

Well I had my ways, they were all in vain, 

But she waited patiently.

It was all the same, all my pride and shame, 

And she put me on my feet.

They call her love, love, love, love, love. 

She is love, and she is all I need. 

And when that world slows down, dear.

And when those stars burn out, here.

Oh she'll be there, yes she'll be there, 

They call her love, love, love, love, love.

They call her love, love, love, love. love.

She is love, and she is all I need, 

She is love, and she is all I need."

I sat there in awe. This wasn't a song he wanted to do for the duet this was a song he was singing to me. Mason just told me he was in love with me, right now; in my living room while I was in my pajamas. 

How was this happening. 

He stared at me for a second before he looked down, as if he was ashamed. 

"I'-I've never felt this way before, and it's a little scary. I know you don't feel the same way and I understand I just thought that I should tell you because I just thought- I'm so stupid I shouldn't have done this" He mumbled all this as he began to put his guitar back in his case but I got off the couch and ran over to him, grabbed his face, and kissed him. 

Yes.

Yes, I just gave away my first kiss, to Mason Coast; the bad boy, the girl user, and the boy I shouldn't trust at all.

But I do.

What do you think!? Comment and vote!