Is That Salmon Vanilla?

After all the chaos had ended, the family of nine finally made it back to the slightly more chaotic space they called home. Hannah rolled around the carpet, singing "Into the Unknown" while Han jumped over her body, singing along with her. Changbin was doing pushups to the beat of the song, you guessed it, while also singing to the song. Hyunjin was watching the oddities from afar, afraid that it was gonna rub off on him. Chan was recording, and Minho was taking selfies for Instagram. The three youngest, Seungmin, Felix and I.N. were no where to be found, and when Hannah stopped the rolling, and screamed, pausing the performance, almost tripping Han, they could tell she figured out someone was missing.

   "WOAH WHAT HAPPENED? WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING" Han yelled, not making the situation better.

  "AHHH OH MY BUTTERED BISCUITS THEY COULD BE DEAD WHAT AM I GONNA DO?" Hannah screams back, genuinely terrified.

 "WHO'S DEAD, WHERE'S THE BISCUITS" Han quickly hops from the floor running in front of the 4 year old. 

 "INNIE, LIXIE, AND MINNIE MOUSE, THEY'RE GONE!" Hannah, screams again, somehow more petrified than the first.

"Please quiet down, everything is fine, they are probably asleep" says Hyunjin, the yelling becoming a little too much for him to bear. 

  "That just burned my grits" Hannah said in perfect English, and Chan raised his eyebrow in confusion, while thinking of possible meanings for such an odd phrase.

"Speaking of grits, I'm hungry. Chan lets go cook." Hannah says switching back to Korean, then running toward the bathroom, then turning around, running back into the living room, to grab the step stool, then running back into the bathroom, not before running back out to discard her jacket, that she completely forgot to remove upon entry of the house, then speeding back into the bathroom, tripping in the hallway. Screaming, an 'I'm okay!' she finally makes it into the restroom, to wash her hands. 

Chan sighs with a chuckle, and walks into the kitchen to wash his hands and prepare the ingredients. Hannah makes it out the restroom, surprisingly unscathed, and walks into the kitchen, using her foot to pull out the kitchen step stool, a lady bug one, they recently purchased for Hannah. Chan pulls out a plastic cutting knife, and a mermaid cutting board, and places a cleaned potato on it.

"Can you cut this for me, little wombat?" He says, picking her up and scooting the stool in front of the cabinet where the utensils were placed, and placing her on top of the stool.

"Sir yes sir!" Hanna salutes and begins cutting the potato, and Chan browns the beef, on the stove top, directly behind her. He pours in the prechopped onions, bell peppers, and carrots, adding the necessary seasonings. He checks on Hannah periodically, and adds another potato when he sees she is almost done cutting one, taking the chopped potato, and adding it to the pan.

   Once six halves of huge potato have been cut, he hands Hanna premade dough, and she immediately backs up from it.

"Woah- what's wrong little wombat?" He asks her.

"Is this salmon vanilla?" She asks cautiously. Chan raised an eyebrow, and stuck his head out the kitchen doorway.

"Hey anybody know what a 'salmon vanilla' is?" He asks in a hushed tone, so Hannah couldn't hear.

"Oh it's just Salmonella" Han replies almost instantly.

Chan gives him an odd look, and replies with a short "Thanks" leaning back into the kitchen shortly after.

"Don't worry, it's eggless. I put egg wash on when it is about to be put into the oven though." Chan explains. Hannah gives a firm head nod in understanding, and pulls out her mermaid rolling pin, that made mermaid imprints on everything she rolled out. Chan put flour on the pin and explained that the dough needed to be as think as half of her pinky nail, and she could put her pinky beside the dough, and measure that way. Hannah is rolling out the dough, and Chan cuts the dough into circles, and puts the filling inside, and does this thirty or so times, enough to cover three huge cookie sheets. 

Hannah, once done with her job set the mermaid timer, and watched as Chan brushed egg on the top, and stuck them into the oven.

Around twenty minutes later, she was sent to run around the house and scream as loud as she could that dinner was ready. Chan called this the dinner alarm. As she did this he quickly locked all the cabinets back and scrambled the code, and set the tables, putting about three of the meat pies on each plate. He watched as the members trickled in, Han and Hannah last, she was riding on his back, Han out of breath. They all sat down and began to eat. 

Chan quite liked having Hannah around. Yes she was a handful, but she was a good cooking buddy nonetheless.