Maze 2

The doors slam shut. I hit my knees as the pain hits. Fighting to keep my eyes open.

"Katelynn DONT close your eyes."

I groan. " who the hell are you!" "Are you doing this" I ask within my head.

"What No. and you know me"

His voice sounding familiar. "You" i exclaim. I hear a snort within my head.

" what do you mean by me"

" your voice it matches this boys voice in my dreams his name is uhhh."

"Thomas"

"Thomas"

"Why are you helping me" I ask.

"Because-"

He was interrupted by a clicking noise.

"Is that" I begin to ask.

" a griever. Yes it is. So I advise you run"

"Very well said" i replies sarcastically getting up to run. As I ran a shocking pain would jump up my leg.

"Just hide somewhere ok. I believe in you. I have to go I'm sorry. Good luck"

"Wait what Thomas" I called out. Nothing. I sighed and continued jogging and trying not to cry.
———————————————————————————

(Start song)

"Thomas" I try. Nothing.

Lately I have begun to realize no one. Sometimes you can't depend on anybody but you're self. And I'm so tired of it. Lately Alby always needs newt and Gally is always busy. Gen's always with Minho and frypan is always cooking. And when I try I get a cold shoulder it feels like. This morning was a rare sight that used to be all to familiar. So I'm done. No more I can't keep depending on people. I hear the clicking noise and quickly slide under the green. As it pass I hold my breathe. I don't need anybody I'm gonna get out here my damn self and show them all.

I soon feel uneasy. I turn and there it is. A griever waiting hoping I wouldn't notice. I quickly roll out it follows me and is on top of me. It's leg goes across my hip and I grunt it hit it again. I scream out. I see the stinger rising towards me. I freeze. No no no no not that anything but that. What do I do? I question myself. I turn to crawl but it grabs my leg pulling me back. I get angry and my eyes soon glow.

I was so tired of be defenseless and helpless

My emotions are overwhelming me. And I feel the need to scream.

So I do.

I scream.

I scream about the pain, the frustration, the loss, the sadness and the anger.

The griever is blasted away

The griever is blasted away. I take a deep breath and start crawling. I reach some vines and climb. Untill I find a small cave barley enough to hold me. I crawl in there and lay down.  The glow leaving me. The pain unbearable.

Run.
Hide.
Hurt.
That's what the maze is all about.
And me I know this and I'll tell other as soon as I get the hell out of here.
I'll show them.
I'm done.
I'm done being Newt's twin.
Gen and Minho's best friend.
Gally's little sister.
From now on I'm me.
Katelynn.
And I'm gonna do this.
I'm gonna survive not only tonight
But every night after that.
I'm done taking a back seat.
I may not be the leader.
And I don't need to be.
All I need is to be heard.
And I will.
Because if this night has showed anything
It's showed that I'm more then I look
And I won't be doubted ever again.

I was tired so tired. I close my eyes.