Mornings and Walking Home

Tanaka woke up, arm numb thanks to Tobio. He chuckled and carefully got his arm out from under him.

He got up, stretched and took a moment to appreciate how Kageyama looked.

Hearing his stomach grumble, he put on a shirt and his shoes. Tanaka left a note, just in case he woke up, then walked out to go and get breakfast for the two.

-

Through the dream realm, Tobio felt a funny feeling on his face and a warm smell was wafting into his nose.

He was partly awake now, eyes still closed, grumbling and swatting at whatever was annoying him. "Ow! Hey!" Tanaka said, grabbing his arms.

Kageyama knew that voice. He opened his eyes, only to find Tanaka sitting on top of him, wrists being held. Kageyama stilled at that and at the position they were in.

"I brought breakfast," he spoke, getting off of him and handing him a small container. Giving his face another kiss. Oh, so that's what that feeling was

"Thank you," he quietly responded.

-

They had finished their breakfast. Tobio had gotten up to go and put the jeans he was wearing from last night along with his jumper over the shirt he wore to bed, holding his turtleneck shirt.

"Alright, come on!" Tanaka called from outside since he was tying his shoes. He heard Tanaka walking away from him. "No wait!" He yelled, quickly finishing, running after him.

"You're so mean," he murmured. Tanaka laughed at that. "Relax, I wasn't going to leave you," Tanaka said, giving Kageyama a little nudge.

-

He walked Tobio home, right up to the doorstep, knocking on the door. He was met with a frowning Ukai and Haruki behind him, surveying the scene in front of them.

"Back off! Go do something else!" He scolded. He rolled his eyes, grumbled and walked off, leaving the three 'alone'. He really just observed the scene from afar.

Ukai stood there, frowning and glaring at the person who took his son out on a date the previous night.

Tanaka let out a nervous smile and wave. "Tobio. Inside. Now," he gritted out, continuing to stare at Tanaka. Kageyama gave him a goodbye hug and walked off inside, standing next to Haru.

Now Tanaka felt worse, since it was just him and his coach, staring at him with a threatening gaze. "So," he started, crossing his arms and leaning against the door frame.

"What'd you do with my son last night?" He asked, eyeing the teenager up and down. "Nothing," Tanaka stood up straighter. Ukai arched a brow.

"So you took Tobio out for the night and yet...did...nothing?" He nodded, feeling very tense. "Yes that would be correct,"

"Stop wasting my and time tell me."  
"It was nothing special," Tanaka spoke, scratching the back of his neck. "Yes it was," Tobio piped up from behind the coach, getting their attention.

"It was quiet, warm, comfy and the stars and moon were out," he walked off before either of them could say anything.

Ukai thought for a moment. "Well then, thank you," this took Tanaka by surprise. "You make my son happy and you have proven several times that you're good enough," he took a breath and in that moment Tanaka felt proud of himself.

Ukai stepped closer to him. "But just know that if you hurt him in anyway I will not hesitate to hurt you back. And I still don't like you by the way," despite his coach threatening him, he was still feeling joy and pride.

Ukai shut the door, leaving Tanaka to himself, where he walked back home.