Wylan

Wylan hadn't been sure why he was so nervous around Jesper the last few days. The night Wylan confessed remembering everything, Jesper had given him a short hug then told him to go take a shower. After that, Jesper told Wylan he had to sleep. Reluctantly, Wylan did so. 

But stressing about Jesper was the least of his problems currently, as much as he hated to admit it. He WISHED that was his biggest problem.

You see, gods can send other gods dreams. Good or bad, it depends. Nobody can send the Merchant Council dreams, and only people from the Merchant Council can send dreams to the Crow Council. If that makes sense.

Either way, Wylan had begun getting horrific dreams. He'd wake up in a cold sweat, or gasping for air. But there was no man in front of him, no Jan Van Eck there.

"Curse you father." Wylan muttered under his breath, standing up. He went to his bathroom, studying himself in the mirror. Dark bags rested under his eyes, his hair was a mess. 

I will find a way

That's what Van Eck said to dream Wylan. And now, Wylan felt sick. Sick of being constantly tortured or traumatized by his father, and also sick to his stomach. 

"Wy?" Wylan quickly shut the door to the bathroom, breathing heavily. 

"Yes? Who is it?"

"Nina sent me in," It was Jesper. "She said something about nightmares?"

It wasn't the first time this had happened, Nina and everyone besides Jesper (since he was newer) had known this. However, the last times weren't nearly this bad. 

"Oh," Wylans voice went an octave higher, which caused Wylan to silently curse himself, and then clear his throat. "She must've been talking about someone else."

"Can I come in?"

That's what she said.

"Of course." Wylan said, rubbing his eyes quickly. He opened the door, plastering a big, fake smile on his face. "See? Everything's alright."

Jesper rolled his eyes. "What's going on, Wylan?" His eyes flickered down to Wylan's hands, which he had subconsciously begun fidgeting with nervously. At Jesper's gaze, he pulled them apart, shrugging. "Just some dreams."

"Nightmares?"

"Yeah, but I'm fine."

"You've been losing sleep." 

Wylan saw Jesper bite his bottom lip slightly, almost as if he was having internal conflict. But when his hand raised, Wylan stiffened. (not in the way as if Jesper would hit him, more in a way of oh crap he's touching me do not panic). Jesper caressed his cheek softly, and Wylan flickered his eyes between his hand and his eyes. Then found himself leaning into his touch the slightest bit.

Jesper ended up cupping Wylans cheek comfortingly. "You need sleep, love." Butterflies.

"I ca—" Since when had he run out of breath?? "Can't."

"Wylan Van Sunshine, so help me I will pick you up and carry you to the bed." Jesper smirked when Wylan's face went red. Wylan Van Sunshine.

"Will you stay?" Wylan asked.

Jesper arched an eyebrow, but nodded. "Of course I'll stay, Wy. If thats what you want."

Wylan nodded, and Jesper took his hand, leading him to the bed. The two laid down, a few inches of space between them. 

Wylan never let go of Jespers hand, and Jesper never pulled away. Not even when Wylan had fallen asleep. And, unconsciously, Wylan had closed the space between them when he pulled Jesper closer.

//ah super cute oh i love fluff 🥰🥰🥰

almost as much as angst 😁 //