Games

I wake before sunrise quickly dressing , and head downstairs to check on my guests. I find Jaskier still asleep on a cot near my fire place. I place a hand over my mouth to struggle my giggling. His mouth is wide open and he's half way hanging off the cot. I turn to find Geralt limping from outside.

" I had to check on Roach." He explains before I could fuss at him. I bite my lip and shrug , turning i start grabbing ingredients to prepare breakfast.
" How's the wound?"
" Better now that I know I'm in capable hands." I smile at his comments.  stoic Geralt. Just as I expected.
" should I be offended ?" I cheekily ask. Cracking a dozen eggs into a pan I begin frying them over the fire.
" No."
I shake my head at his one word answers. I begin frying up some bacon and sausage. The popping grease filling silence for a few minutes.
" Where did you learn the healing arts?" He asks suddenly braking the silence that had descended upon us.
" it came naturally to me" I tell him the truth.
" But who taught you?" He persists
I plate the eggs and place them on the table. I then start plating the bacon and sausage. Grabbing a loaf of bread and my home made strawberry jelly I place everything on the table.
" Someone who I lost along time ago." I answer finally. He slowly sits down at the table . About that time we both turn at the sound of a body hitting the floor followed by a painful moan.
" Jaskier? Are you alright?"  I ask. A few moments later he walks around the corner rubbing his head.
" I must have been sleeping hard ." He states. I chuckles at his explanation. He joins us and we fill our plates . " You didn't have to make us breakfast." Geralt grumpily says. Just then I see him wince . He glares at Jaskier and points his fork at him.
" Do it again and I'll stab you with this fork."
I smirk , then look down at my food .
" yes, we'll duly noted." Jaskier gulps a lung full of air then drains his drink.
I roll my eyes at the display of fear. I'm notice that Geralt is wincing every time he goes to reach for something , or fed himself. " Geralt ? Are you in pain right now?" I ask gently. He tenses at my question and slowly Mets my eyes.
" Not really." The cross my arms and just stare at him. He stares back . He raises an eyebrow in challenge and smirks at me.
" You might as well give up, Jade.
He's the most stubborn person I know." Says Jaskier. I refuse to look away as I say " He may be the most stubborn man. But I'm the most stubborn woman." Geralt leans back and winces. " Now, what hurts Witcher?" I ask as I move to my potion table behind the kitchen .
" my shoulder." He finally admits. I nod my head and begin mixing up a potion for hat will help with the pain as well as the soreness and aching he must be feeling.
" Jaskier could you please help him move to the main room ? He hen drag out the big tub I have placed out back on the porch? Geralt is going to relax in a soothing hot bath."
" I am?" He questions
I place the potion down in front of him.
" Look, you still have blood in your hair . And you smell like a pig stye ." I say bluntly
Jaskier laughs at my bluntness . I turn to him placing my hands on my hips. " I don't know why your laughing, you smell just as bad." I exclaim. Geralt chuckles at Jaskiers offended look.
" Now I am going to start bringing water in to be heated. I want you...." I point to Geralt. " To be ready to strip and get in the tub when the water has cooled to your liking."
He opens his mouth to argue. " No arguments G." His nickname slips past my lips. His eyes widen in surprise. The tension is so thick that you could cut it with a knife. I bend down to grab  the bucket by the door.
" I'll be back." I hurry out the door trying to avoid the knowing flint in those golden eyes.

Ok so I wanted to clarify that back in the first book. Rafaela had red hair and blue eyes . But in this book with her crystal she has dark black hair and emerald green eyes. These are just examples of what I think she looks like.

Book 1 above

Book 1 above

Book 2 above

Book 2 above.