Angel of Lyria

I snap my wings out and push off into the sky. Moving quickly to the home of the mayor of Lyria. It's time he and I had a little talk.
I land in the shadows of the once beautiful keep. Now ruined by greed and maliciousnesses. I warned him that if he didn't change his ways then he would answer to me. I move silently through the halls , hiding in shadow when I come across a guard. I will give him a parting gift. I will make sure he never forgets this day. I hear voices talking in the library . I move towards them.
" Sire , I beg of you to heed the Angel of Lyria's warning. She forewarned that if you didn't stop taxing the poor people of Lyria she would come and enact her wrath upon you! Please! Reconsider!" His adviser begs
" Silence you sniveling imp. What shall she do? She is but a ghost story... a figment of the drinks I had that night."
I step out of the shadows.
" do I seem real enough now?" I ask in a cold menacing voice.
He shrieks in fear . I turn to the adviser.
" You sir shall bare witness of my justice." I pull my knife from my belt and unfurl my wings.
" I gave you a warning to heed and yet you chose to not listen. I am through with giving you a chance to redeem yourself. You have bleed the hearts and souls from your people all for greed. You shall repay them by giving them everything you took along with......." I pause and look down. " I shall take your left hand as a reminder of your transgressions. "
Before he can protest I swipe my dagger down and cut off , His left hand. He screams in agony. I pull a vial of healing into mic from my belt. " I'm not without mercy. This will close the wound but you shall forever rue the day you didn't heed my warning. If I have to come back I will take more than a hand as retribution. Do you understand?" He jowls bounce around as he agrees. I grab his hand from the floor and throw it into the fire place to burn.
I turn to the adviser and swipe my dagger along his cheek.
" this is a sign of you baring witness to this day. If he ever steps out of line again rub the mark and think of my name and I shall come post haste." I sprinkle some herbs into the cut that holds magical properties. " thank you Angel of Lyria for righting this wrong." I nod my head and disappear into the shadows. My work in Lyria is done.
*********************************

I return to grab my things and to mount up Damon. Finding that Geralt and Jaskier are fast asleep. Just as I'm about to mount up I hear foot steps enter the stable.

" You think he's going to stop coming for you?" Jaskier asks
I sigh and turn to him.
" It's been good to see you Jaskier."
" Stop deflecting and answer the bloody question." He shouts. I look down  for a moment
" I don't understand why he would. I'm nothing to him. " I whisper
" Nothing? Do you honestly believe that?" He asks in shock

" Yes I do. I'm suppose to be this strong Legendary Witcher Healer and I don't know anything about myself. Why am I the only female Witcher healer? Why do I take on attributes of any mortal wound I heal? There is a reason for this Jaskier. And I can't return to Kaer Morhen until I've got those answers. So yes I do believe I am nothing to him. I'm only tied to him through some stupid magical bond from a stupid Dijin. What he feels for me ......it isn't real."

" He hasn't  been the same since you left. He is moody ,well moodier than usual. He barely talks to anyone aside from Ciri. He fights sloppily and just doesn't seem to care. He has been searching for you ever since you left. It's like he's looking for a missing piece of himself."  I sigh and look at him.

" Goodbye Jaskier. I'll see you around."  I mount up and ride off into the moonlight heading for the great library of Witchers. There has to be something to tell me why I am the way that I am . I won't stop until I have answers. No matter how much I may want to.

*****six months later******

Time is an illusion, I've come to realize.  each grain that passes through the hour glass  can never be regained. You can never relive that second , minute or hour of time again. For the past six months I have fought any monster that got in my way. I have come away with more scars than I want to think about. I have finally found my way to the school of Vipers. The most secretive branch of Witchers that has ever been established . I come for knowledge of how I came to be. The keep has been abandoned for many years but it is said that it holds many books about how Witchers were created.
I hope it holds something to better help me understand how I can do the things I do.