Surprise!

By the time I've worked up enough courage to tell Geralt the next morning , he had  been called away before sunrise for an extended period of time I'm told. To help fight and kill a monster attacking a village in Belhaven. Several of the others decided to go with him. Leaving Ciri, Lambert, Galdir, Vesemir ,  Yennefer and myself behind. Several months pass and I begin showing. I'm in my fifth month of pregnancy and have started wearing baggy clothing . I've stopped training. I can tell the others are worried for me. So I decided to tell them at supper that night.  I decide to wear a beautiful white gown that accents my stomach and breast. Just as I'm about to fix my hair a knock sounds on my door. " Come in." I answer . My door opens to reveal Vesemir looking worried.
" Rafaela can I talk to you?" I stand up and move towards him waiting to see how long it takes for him to realize. " Of course."
He paces back and forth and begins.
" I'm worried about you. There's something your hiding . You've become withdrawn. Your eating more . You've completely stopped drinking alcohol , and you crave the most unusual things . I can't help but think..."
He stops when he takes in my stomach. Shock clearly written on his face " Oh...."
I chuckle and motion him towards me. " I was going to tell you all tonight."  I take his hand and place it on my growing stomach. Just then my little one kicks his hand. I look up into his eyes and see tears.
" Rafaela , your the first female Witcher to carry the new generation."  He whispers .
I smile and rub my stomach. " yes. I'm about four months along. I'm hoping Geralt comes home before I have this little one." He smiles and leans down to my stomach.
" You are our future little one" then he looks back up at me and asks " Did he know before he left?" I look at him sadly. " I found out he night before he left. I didn't have time to tell him ." I smile  at the tears in his eyes.  " Come on let's go to dinner."  He holds out an arm to me . As we make our way to the dinning hall . I hear laughter and joyous out bursts.
And then I hear someone call " Geralt! Your back." I freeze as does Vesemir. He looks to me and smiles kindly at me. " I'm sure he'll be thrilled." I gulp and step into the dinning hall. He's surrounded by our brethren. Smiling and laughing at something Lambert said. I clear my throat and everyone looks  at me in shocked at my pregnant appearance. When our eyes connect I see shock , desire and hope.
He slowly walks towards me and stops In front of me. He kneels before me and places a hand on my rounded belly. " I was going to tell you, but you left before I got the chance. And I didn't think sending a messenger hawk would be appropriate. I wanted to tell you..." he stands , cupping my face. Then kisses me sweetly. " Your pregnant with my child?" I smile at him.
" Surprise!" I laugh up at him .

Just as I say that he faints. I look down at him and then at the others.
" the man can face down monsters without breaking a sweat , but the moment he finds out he's going to be a father , he faints. Unbelievable." I shake my head down at him. The others all come around and congratulate me , stepping over Geralt in the process. Laughing at him .