9

Mirabel rushed over to her older sister, ducking and dodging the random things she would run into on the road. Luisa continued to ignore her, obviously trying to avoid the topic at hand. She wanted to talk to her sister about the miracle and the general anxiety around the topic itself. She had heard from Dolores that Luisa had been up at night, her eye twitching.

"Luisa!" Florence's voice echoed in the street, her feet pattering over the dirt road. Florence was holding a small box in her hand. Luisa finally stopped, she rolled her shoulders back,and turned. "Hola, let me get that for you mi princesa" Florence stopped in front of her, a small smile gracing her face from the nickname. Luisa reached out to grab the box, but Florence turned her shoulder away. Florence smiled gently and shook her head. "I've got it, besides why would I make you carry your own present?" Luisa's head snapped down in surprise, she grinned happily.

"For me?" Florence nodded enthusiastically, however, Mirabel had finally caught up to the two of them. Mirabel breathed deeply, her hands going to her knees, and she huffed for a moment. Mirabel had many strong suits, however, running wasn't one of them. Suddenly, Senora Ozma walked over "The donkeys got out again." Luisa grunted and walked off to go fix it. Mirabel and Florence follow close behind "Luisa!" Mirabel panted out, "You tell me the magic. What's on? What are you hiding?" "Nothing. Just got a lot of chores, so you just go home." She seemed panicked, obviously not expecting an onslaught of questions. "Luisa, my is to the..." She pushed it up, her shoulder muscles tensing under the pressure of the large house. "Dolores said your eye was twitching, and it twitched. Something's you nervous." The donkey began to slip from her grasp and she swore "Luisa, will you just...Just tell me what it is." Florence gently put her hand on Mirabel's shoulder, trying to direct her away from Luisa. "Luisa, if you know what's hurting the magic and it gets worse, 'cause you won't tell me what's wrong..." Finally, Luisa turned around and shouted "NOTHINGS WRONG." Her hands were tense around the donkeys as she took a deep breath "Wow uh sorry..." "That... That out there. What I was, um...Why be wrong? I'm fine. The magic's fine. Luisa's fine. I'm not nervous".

"Your eye is the thing..." Florence whispered softly, her hand pointing at her own eye. Luisa brought her face close to Florences, her hand going up to stroke her cheek, and she gently pulled on a piece of hair that was pulled into her braid. "I'm the strong one," her lips neared Florences before she pulled away completely. Mirabel yanked Florence towards her, hands protectively wrapping around her waist.

"I'm not I'm as as the Of the is

I move mountains

I move churches

And I glow 'cause I know What my is

Of course, I mean... Hey, are you going?

I don't ask How hard the work is

Got a surface

Diamonds and platinum

I find 'em I 'em

I take what I'm I what's demanded

But the I feel berserk

As a In a three-ring circus

Under the Was ever like

"Yo, I don't Cerberus"

Under the surface

I'm sure I'm If I can't be of service

A flaw or a crack

The in the That the camel's back

What the camel's back?

It's Like a drip, drip, drip

That'll stop

Whoa

Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip Till you just go pop

Whoa

Give it to your Your sister's older

Give her all the We can't shoulder

Who am I If I can't run with the ball?

If I fall to Like a grip, grip, grip

And it won't let go

Whoa

Pressure like A tick, tick, tick

Till it's to blow

Whoa

Give it to your Your sister's stronger

See if she can hang on A longer

Who am I If I can't it all?

If I falter

Under the surface

I hide my And it worsens

I is hurt us

Under the surface

The ship doesn't swerve

As it How big the is

Under the I my purpose

Can I this? Line up the dominos

A wind You try to stop it topplin'

But on and on it goes But wait

If I shake

The Of expectations

Would that free Some room up for joy

Or relaxation?

Or a we measure

This growing

Keep 'Cause all we know is

Pressure like A drip, drip, drip

That'll stop

Whoa

Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip Till you just go pop

Whoa

Give it to your It doesn't hurt

And see if she can burden

Watch as she And but breaks

No mistakes

Just Like a grip, grip, grip

And it won't let go

Whoa

Pressure like A tick, tick, tick

Till it's to blow

Whoa

Give it to your And wonder

If the same have you under

Who am I If I don't have what it takes?

No No breaks

No No pressure"

Her hands scooped up both Florence and Mirbel, holding them tightly. "I you're way too much..." Florence grumbled against Luisa's chest. "Maybe I it." She muttered. "Yup," Mirabel agreed. "Um... is you know. Last night, when you saw the cracks, I felt weak."