𝟓.𝟑𝟒

───── 「DEATH SLAYER」 ─────

     Samantha looks up, shielding her eyes from the burning sun

     Samantha looks up, shielding her eyes from the burning sun. As she stands back among her people, she closes her eyes for a moment and finds peace within her, the only murmur she can't fully shut is the Commanders speaking over each other in her head. But that too shall pass.

The soldiers had kneeled as she walked past them when she returned to where Bellamy, Octavia, and Thea stood. It had been almost hard to believe that a bunch of old criminals would bend the knee to her. At least, it'd be hard to believe for someone who didn't know Sam.

Bellamy had watched and had not found it hard to believe. In a way, it made him proud. He knew Samantha was a better leader than he could have ever dreamed of being. And he knew it wasn't because of the Commanders in her head. It was all because of who she was, how she had always been.

He had stayed by her side. She felt his presence as she breathed in and enjoyed the sun in her skin. She had missed it.

Yu beda frag emo op.

Malachi's voice is louder than the rest of them. [You should have killed them all.] Instead of fighting him, Samantha allows his voice to pull her in.

Standing still, Samantha finds herself inside her head. Inside the Flame in an empty room, face to face with the Dark Commander.

Ha oso na dula daun, Sheidheda?

[And how do you suggest we do that, Sheidheda?]

We both know you have the strength to take back all our power. Malachi walks in circles around Samantha, like a curious shark trying to determine whether what's in front of them is food or a threat. Your power. We could rule over everything. Create a new world over the ashes of this wretched one. A new perfection.

If Samantha knows anything is that Malachi's primal and only desperate need is power. No matter the cost. No matter the lives lost to his crusade. The more blood spilled, the thirstier the dark Commander grew. Samantha knows. She squares her shoulders and raises her chin. Sheidheda doesn't intimidate her in the slightest.

Consider my offer, Sam. Malachi chuckles as he comes to a stop in front of Samantha. What's better than power? Make them kneel to us. To you.

Will you slit my throat next time if I fail? The fire behind Samantha's eyes burns the Dark Commander's ones, but he doesn't feel pain. A pleasant shiver runs down his old spine. For someone with your reputation, Malachi, you're a terrible murderer. Her tone is mocking. A worthy contender for the bored Dark Commander.

You should know better than anyone else that murder inside the Flame is frowned upon. There are eyes everywhere. It's not an easy task. Malachi's grin grows wider. Otherwise, Lexa would have been dead a long time ago, wouldn't she?