𝟓.𝟏𝟓

───── 「SERENITY」 ─────

     I had spent the previous couple of hours alone in my room, taking care of my wounds and my most recent tattoo, able to leave my mind blank for a moment, needing the time to recharge before I went out into the mess my life was again

     I had spent the previous couple of hours alone in my room, taking care of my wounds and my most recent tattoo, able to leave my mind blank for a moment, needing the time to recharge before I went out into the mess my life was again. Everything seemed to be going okay with my wounds but I recognized I wasn't the most qualified person to know all that so I decided to go pay Jackson a visit.

- "Please, tell me you aren't hurt again."

- "I'm fine." -I chuckled, closing the door behind me and sitting down on the stretcher- "I just wished we were out of here."

- "Let me check your vitals and your wounds." -he squeezed my thigh- "Lay down and relax for a bit."

- "I've been laying down all morning." -I took off my jacket and my shirt, for I had left my forearm protections back in the room; the neck one too.

- "You're feeling sick?" -his worried tone warmed up my heart and I couldn't help the smile on my face as his hands landed on my neck, carefully checking for any signs of inflammation.

- "No; I'm physically fine, just mentally exhausted."

- "Need a shoulder to cry on?" -he smiled down at me as he sat next to me while I laid on the stretcher- "Deep breaths."

I nodded, closing my eyes and doing as he asked me. He then moved his hand to touch my ribs, to get a feeling of how I was doing, Jackson had a calming aura around him and, no matter how bad I felt or how stressed I was, being around him always managed to bring me back down to Earth. He took his time and I was certain he was doing it to make sure I wasn0t anywhere else getting hurt; I couldn't complain, being taken care of like that was something I had learned to enjoy and admire in him. Not many people would do that for me when we first met.

- "You're really strong; you're healing steadily, which is really good." -I opened my eyes to see him taking a wet cloth- "Let me see your tattoo."

- "I already cleaned it this morning."

- "Checking it won't harm you. The last thing we need is you getting it infected."

I rolled my eyes, Jackson giving me a knowing smile before I gave in, raising my bra enough for him to see it, feeling the cold liquid over my skin before he dried it and applied some lotion over it.

- "So, tell me about that mental exhaustion."

- "I don't wanna crowd your head with my problems."

- "I'm not just your doctor, Sam, I'm your friend, and I'm here to listen. Maybe help you figure some stuff out."

- "I'm so glad you got stuck down here with me."

- "Me too."

He chuckled, helping me raise up to a sitting position and handing me back my shirt, his hands moving to check my arms as I spoke, updating him on what had been going on, asking him about how he was feeling and to update me on how he and Miller were doing. I hadn't seen much of Miller since the bunker opened but, just by the smile on Jackson's face as he spoke about him, I knew he was okay. They needed that valley, they needed the chance to live as a normal couple, without Jackson busy taking care of my bleeding self and Miller being in constant danger for being in Octavia's army. I needed that valley for them.