𝟓.𝟓

───── 「THE DEVIL」 ─────

     After Sam and Octavia set foot outside of the bunker, Diyoza and McCreary followed, watching them being pulled up as I heard Sam scream in excitement

     After Sam and Octavia set foot outside of the bunker, Diyoza and McCreary followed, watching them being pulled up as I heard Sam scream in excitement. I smiled to myself but, remembering what had just been said, my happiness morphed into concern. The devil. What could that mean? As I got out of the bunker myself, I looked around for Sam and Octavia, intending on talking with both of them, but not expecting what I saw: Octavia was still at the bunker's exit, her eyes furrowed as she looked in front of her. I followed her eyes, quickly feeling the anguish in my heart as I saw Sam walking away with Diyoza, both followed by McCreary. Sam has become very innocent after these six years, she'd have never left us behind to go with someone she doesn't know and whom I trust very little. Then again, how'd she know that if I never told her?

- "We have to talk." –I addressed Octavia- "Give me a second and follow me."

I started walking down the rocks and away from there, trying to look for a place to talk in peace and, most importantly, in private with Octavia. I entered a building and waited for my sister to get there.

- "Blodreina, the Red Queen." –I spoke as soon as she entered, standing in front of me- "Scáthach." –I didn't know what that meant but, considering what the other two implied, I assumed nothing good- "Tell me about the fighting pit. How did that happen? Was it you or Sam? Because it looks to me someone's read Ovid a few too many ti..."

- "Six years is a long time." –she cut me off before I could continue- "Things have changed. I've changed." –she looked to the window for a second- "Sam too."

- "We have a lot to talk about, O."

- "We do, just not right now." –she looked at the door- "I don't trust these people, Bell." –she faced me again- "Who are they? Where'd they come from? Why are they helping us?"

- "I don't trust them either, but I need you to trust me. We have leverage."

Suddenly, the side door opened, startling us both; Octavia reached to her side, about to grab her sword when we saw who it was.

- "You will never believe what I just learned." –Sam walked towards us, completely ignoring the scare she just gave us- "Diyoza was a Navy Seal. A fucking Navy Seal! Damn." –she stood next to us, I could tell she was completely amazed by the Colonel- "If I know my history right, those people were like... amazing? I know who's going to teach both me and Jasper how to swim now, he's going to be so stunned. Unless there's no ocean now. Or if he changed his mind about our lessons in 6 years." –she looked at me and I gulped- "Where is he anyway? And I assume Harper and Monty are with him as well as Raven, Emori, and Murphy. Damn, I can't wait to see them. I've missed them so much. We have so much to talk about, like what have you been doing up there for six years and I..."