Chapter 24 - The Mission

Japanese - "Normal Text"

English - "Bold"

Thoughts - 'Italics' (Only in 3rd person scenarios)

Sign Language - 'Normal Text'

<No-One's POV>

It was nerve wracking. Just sitting and waiting. Though in this case, they were fully aware of what they were getting themselves into. It's fairly stressful to sit with a friend and, quite literally, wait to be kidnapped. The fact that it was dark out, starting to get pretty cold and they were both in skirts really didn't make things much better.

But the plan was surprisingly effective. Both teenagers were knocked out and taken to the villains base and much quicker than expected. It took just under an hour, comparing that to the three hour wait they had predicted, it was pretty impressive. Though not impressive in a good way, their quick speed could only mean that they had either expected this or they had a decent watch over the town.

It wasn't long before Hachi and Tsu woke up, locked in a surprisingly clean and pristine white cell. Tsu gained consciousness first, proceeding to wake up Hachi. And now, the plan was really getting under way.

The first step of the plan was simple, let the other teams know their status. Since both teens were hooked up to microphones, all they had to do was speak aloud. But before that, each of them double checked that the wires were still in place and functional.

"Looks like my wires got unplugged when they took us. Are yours okay?" The bee questioned, hoping that their plan hadn't been thrown off the rails at all.

"Yea ~Kero~. My wires are fine." Froppy answered before reporting over the mic. "~Kero~ This is Toad Stool. We're in. ~Kero~. But Honeybee's wires were pulled out ~Kero~" She reports to Moth Man, making sure to use the code names they were assigned beforehand.

As the Rainy Day Hero was relaying the information, the Sunny Hero began acting out his part of the plan. A few small bees began crawling their way out of Hachi's wig and pockets. He then gave them a small nod and smile before they flew out of the cell and on their way to gather information.

"I just sent my bee's out! They should be able to relay any information to me, and hopefully find the keys!" He notified the other hero in training, making sure to keep his voice down to a low but still positive and reassuring whisper.

That wasn't to say he was happy or calm about the situation at all. It was quite the opposite; he was pretty worried. This operation was basically on their shoulders, and sure, they may have come up with the plan, but it's much easier to think of one than to actually do it. And, it was pretty hard not to be worried about all the things that could go wrong, especially if it ended being him that caused it. Ultimately, he knew couldn't just sit and spiral into his anxieties.

Even if he was worried, he couldn't let it show. He knew Tsu would probably be nervous and worried as well, so him showing his concern would worry her even more. Though, it was also a way for him to try and feel more confident in himself, after all, the more you act like your confident, the more you can start to convince yourself you are.

A short amount of mental turmoil later and Hachi had received some intel from his bees. But more importantly, they had also brought a lovely little gift for their 'High Queen'.

"Bingo!" Hachi whispered in a very pleased yet somewhat smug and confident tone as a group of his little friends drop the large chain of keys into his opened palm.

"Perfect ~Kero~. Now we just need to wait from them to find all the other children. ~Kero~"

"Yea, hopefully they can give us some good directions. We should be able to get a good idea of this place's layout!"