Special Calls

Ghost woke up with a start. He heard ringing around his apartment and looked around to see where it was coming from. He finally looked over and saw his phone blinking red. Now, to most people that would be a cause for concern, but he made the phone himself specifically for his Ghost activities but also so he could use it in his civilian identity without looking suspicious. Caity was also programmed into the phone, obviously.

He picked it up and unlocked his phone to see why it was blinking. One of the special buttons he hands out so people can call him was going off. He looked at the location, then saw it was from Gotham. Ghost looked at it incredulously. "The great Batman already needs my help? Guess he's not so great after all." He then hit the button that said he saw it, then proceeded to watch as it went offline. Did you actually think he was lying when he said it would explode?

He got up and got his suit out of the dryer then put it on along with his weapons that he pulled out of the weapons locker. He heard a beeping noise and looked over at his phone which was blinking again. He groaned then looked at the notification. One of the bracelets he gave out was blinking. Caity didn't say it was a trap, so he put his phone in his pocket and took off running across rooftops.

He ran for ten minutes without break, then came across a high school. He looked confused as he didn't remember giving a bracelet to a high schooler, then looked at the location blinking again to see if he was in the right place. He was, seriously, he was actually in the right place. Once he figured this out, he then tried to spot the exact place it was coming from. He couldn't see so he used his hearing, slightly tilting his head to give more range. Using his hearing, he heard grunting and small cries of pain. He maneuvered to try to see where it came from and found the source. A blonde girl was getting kicked in the gut by a group of women that ranged from about her age to one or two years older.

Ghost sighed, then looked to see if this was where it was coming from and it was. He put his phone away, then jumped down behind the group of possible bullies. "What's going on here?" 

The girls were surprised as they didn't hear him (that was on purpose, to have a silent landing) and turned around in surprise. One of them that was just standing to the side and watching as this girl was getting beat up spoke fearfully, "Y-You a-are th-the G-G-Ghost." 

He nodded, then said with a glare, "Now, I'm no expert, but it looks like you are beating up my friend here. I don't take too kindly to people hitting my friends. The last person that laid their hands on a friend of mine ended up dead. Do any of you want to die?" All of them shook their head in the negative. "Good. I don't want to kill some teenagers. Get lost. And if I ever see you bullying my friend again, I will hunt you down. Bye-bye!" He watched them all run off together then looked towards the girl.

Then recognized her instantly.

"Danielle?" asked Ghost. Danielle nodded and gave him a hug. 

"I didn't think you would come..." 

Ghost hesitantly wraps his arms around her, then says, "Of course I would. I don't break promises. And I told you if you hit the button I would be here. Now I am going to ask you a question and you are going to answer honestly, as I will know if you lie. How long have they been bullying you?" Danielle froze. 

She nervously responded, "Since the beginning of the school year..." Ghost's eyes went wide. 

"It's May. Dani, school ends next month. That's almost the whole year. Why have you let this go in for this long? Why have you not told anyone else yet?" 

She responded, "Because they threaten me with blackmail if I tell anyone..."

Ghost pulls out of the hug, looks into her eyes from arm's length, then asks, "What are they blackmailing you with?"