TWATB #19

Junmyeon shifted around restlessly with his eyes screwed shut. 

The silhouette of another boy who his father whipped. It was not his brother, he was much bigger than him. Junmyeon dragged him away from his father but the boy yanked away his hand. 

"Hyung, why did you pull me away? He was making me strong!" 

"He's killing you" he shook the boy by his shoulder, "wake up and see. He's using you as some punching bag just like my brother is to him." The boy shook his head, "I'll play with you later, Hyung." 

Junmyeon felt the slender fingers slip out of his hold and shot awake. He looked at Yixing who was up and drawing soothing circles on his boyfriend's back, "What's wrong, honey? You've been having a lot of these lately."

It was the third time that week that the detective woke up sweating buckets and face pale as a corpse. Not just that week but had been going on for a couple of months. This worried the Chinese man but every time he asked Junmyeon responded with an I'm okay. 

"I think you need to get it checked out whatever it is. I don't like seeing you like this, Jun." The detective shook his head, "I'm okay, it'll go away soon. I guess I'm just stressed out. Maybe, that's why. My head's too full and everything with Sehun. I just... I don't know. Guess it's all just stress acting up."

Yixing sat there pressing a kiss to his boyfriend's temple and let him speak up about the things bothering him. "I just want to bring Sehun's perpetrator to light. I need to!" the IT tech understood how close the three were and with Chanyeol having been the prime suspect, he could understand how stressed his boyfriend was. 

"Look," he took his boyfriend's porcelain hands in his, "I'm gonna do whatever I can to help you, alright?" Junmyeon nodded, "Now let me see my adorable bunny smile." The one sentence which always made the shorter flush red with a shy smile followed by a chuckle. 

"I love you."

"I love you, Jun, and I'll never get tired of saying it over and over again."

The two cuddled back to sleep holding each other tight.

_____

Jongin had been promoted to replace Sehun. Junmyeon and the newest detective were investigating their newest crime scene. Junmyeon went there knowing it was not Chanyeol anymore. 

Just like every time, the Sagittarius stared back at them and the two could only sigh. "But, Sir," started Jongin and the elder hummed turning to his new partner on the seat next to him. "shouldn't we start going through detective Oh's files first? If he was in the danger of getting killed, then it could mean he found the real killer."

Junmyeon nodded. It was not that he had not checked but was afraid of checking it. He was confused if it was Chanyeol his old partner figured out or the MO. If they were pointing the other way, then it could end Chanyeol and himself, but his position was the least of his concern. He wanted to keep Chanyeol safe.

The younger showed him the box filled with various files. "I looked at some of them and I think he might have gotten it from the police. But there are some files of random people here. Maybe old cases?" said the male and handed the files to the short raven head. 

"Wait, if it's not related to the case, why did he have to get them? And I don't think he ever mentioned these people to me either."

Jongin pouted in frustration as he ruffled his hair. A few minutes passed and he snapped his fingers, "What if he got these files secretly? Someone he knows from the station could have helped him out secretly." Junmyeon squinted his eyes, "I'll ask Chanyeol. They're close enough to help each other with anything so it might be him."