Winston

"Hello?" I answer the phone. "Hey ma" Winston says in his cute southern accent. "Wasup?" I ask him. "I wanna see you. We should chill sometime" he tells me. "Yeah that'd be cool" I say trying to sound nonchalant. "How bout tomorrow night? Let me take you out to eat" he suggests. "Um....... Sure. What time?" I reply. "I'll come get you at seven. Text me your address." He says. "OK" I say. "Aight Austin I'll see you tomorrow. Oh and wear something nice" he says. I laugh "Bye" I say hanging up. I don't know how I'm gonna get Kodi to let me go cuz tomorrow is Thursday, so it's a school night. I just won't tell him.

* * * * *

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock and decide to lay in bed for a little bit longer before getting up to shower. I wash my hair and add gel then diffuse it dry. After getting dressed in white high waisted jeans, a cropped preach polo shirt that reaches just the top of the jeans, and peach vans with white soles I grab my things and head down to the kitchen for some breakfast.

When I get downstairs I see Kodi chilling on the couch in his pajamas. "Why aren't you ready?" I ask raising my eyebrow. "I'm not going to school" he tells me. "Why not?" I question. "Ion feel like it Don will be here in ten minutes to get you" Kodi says to me. I walk into the kitchen to eat some Applejacks.

"He's here"Kodi yells from the living room just as I put my bowl into the sink. "See you later" I say walking out the front door. "Hey" I say getting into the passenger seat of Donovan's car. "Wasup" he says. He turns up the radio and drives off towards school.

"Be at my car by 3:30" Don tells me as we walk into the building together. I nod and head to my locker. "Hey Austin" Manny says approaching my locker. "Hey" I say. "Did Kodi tell you the same thing he told me?"he asks. I nod. "I told him it wasn't like that but he told me to stay tf away from his little sister" Manny tells me. "Well dang. What's his problem?" I wonder out loud. "I don't know, but I'll see you later" he says before walking away. I head off to science.

* * * * *

"We should go get find wings or something after school" Sean says to the crew as we eat. They all agree. "Aus you going?" Travis asks me. "I can't. I have a date" I answer. "Ooooooh with Winston huh?" He says wiggling his eyebrows. I laugh. "Yes with Winston" I confirm. "How'd you get Kodi to let you go?" Trav questions. "Didn't tell him" I reply. "Well. Let me know when your funeral is. Kodi gon beat yo ass when he find out" Travis says. "I'll get back to you on that, but hopefully he won't find out" I say. "So who is this Winston?" Stahir asks. I tell everyone how we met and described him. "Ooooo girl have fun!" Tabitha says. I laugh.

Later after school Donovan takes me home and I start to pick out an outfit for later. I decide to take a nap until 6:00. After showering I lotion up and put on a short white bodycon dress with cutouts on the side. After using a barrel curling iron on my hair, I put on all of my gold finger rings and snake arm cuff, then I slip on my mustard yellow wedges with a strap around the ankles.

They-love-Winston: I'm outside

King Austin: k

I put the finishing touches on my mascara and add some red lipstick before grabbing my mustard yellow clutch and heading to the door. "Where you think you going in that little dress?" Kodi asks soon as I get to the front door. "Don't worry bout it" I say waking out the door and to Winston's car. Kodi comes outside yelling at me. "Drive" I tell Winston and he pulls off. "What's that about?" He asks. "I didn't exactly tell him about tonight" I answer. He nods. "Well you look gorgeous" he compliments. "Thanks. You look nice too" I say returning the compliment. "No problem ma." He says.

* * * * *

"So what is your criteria in a boyfriend?" Winston asks me. "Well as long as he is trustworthy I'm willing to work with whatever he brings to the table." I answer. "Well best believe I got plenty to bring to the table. I know how to treat a lady." He says looking me in my eyes. "You too fine for niqqas your age" he tells me. I smile and look down. "You think so?" I ask. "For sure baby. These Lil immature boys don't know what to do with someone like you." Winston says. Our food comes, and there is a moment of silence as we dig in. My shrimp Alfredo is delicious. "What are your plans for next year?" I question. "Well I gotta full ride to UCLA for football, so I'm gonna do that" he tells me. "Wow that's great. All the way out in California" I say. See this is what I need. Someone with attainable goals and who wants a future.

* * * * *

"Thanks for tonight. It was fun" I say to Winston as we pull up in my driveway. "Your welcome. I'll see you later" he says kissing my cheek. I get out of the car and go to unlock the front door. It's 10:34. "So who is he?" Kodi asks me as I walk towards the stairs. "A friend" I answer. "And how old is this friend?" He asks. "Why does it matter?" I reply. "HOW OLD IS HE?!!!" Kodi yells. "18" I say quietly. "18?! He almost a grown man!" He says angrily. "And then you go out in that tight little dress like you grown! That's what you do now, try to sneak out on dates with boys that's too old for you?! You think cuz mom not here you can do whatever you want? No! You grounded!" He lectures. "You can't do that!" I yell. "Yes tf I can! Gimme yo phone!" Kodi yells. I shake my head. "If you don't hand it over in 2.5 seconds imma snatch it and beat you with it" he tells me with a stern look on his face. I huff and hold the phone out. He snatches it from me. "Go away" he says. I stomp up the stairs and slam the door.