Self Talks

Two people liking me...

Never had that problem before and honestly I always thought it'd be flattering, but it's more complicated than anything.

They say if you love two people, to choose the second person, because if you really "loved" the first then there wouldn't even be a second. I always thought that to be true, but when you're faced with that situation it's different. You can't remember which feelings were for which person.

What if your love for the second person wasn't really love? What if you were you were blinded by affection and went by what your other senses told you?

What if you're not sure you "love" either one. Real love shouldn't be a question.

Never thought I'd have to ask these questions. Many factors prevented me from having to, the biggest being the color of my skin.

At first it was "Who is that black girl? She's pretty I guess........ for a dark skin" but now I get stares and winks. I guess I'm officially pretty now.

Anyways, I think I've come to a conclusion. I do love the second person, just not romantically but as a friend. The love is strong though, just not in that way. I love him in a way that means I never want to see him hurt and I would do anything for him.

I don't quite love the first person yet, but I am interested in being in love with him "romantically".

After having this talk with myself, the only thing left to do is say these things aloud.