Chapter 19

MARCUS' POV

"Well what do you want me to do then Marcus?", Niah asked getting on my nerves.

"Look I'm not gone be gone all that long. I'm going a few hours away and I'll be back here I just need you to clean up, cook or get something to eat for the kids and watch them until I get back. If I'm not back by the morning then just wake them up around 6 to get them ready for school"

"Look I love your kids but they all have bad attitudes. Especially Zach and Zoey. They are horrible"

"If they act up call me and I'll correct that and Zoey not bad"

"Yes she is babe. I don't see how you don't see that"

"Well y'all gone be aight trust me. I'll see you later"

I gave her a kiss and I drove to the trap so I could pick up the work he needed. I got two of my mans and then I got three more to drive outta town to so we can make some deals.

NIAH'S POV

When it was 3 I was so scared to get the kids. I decided to go a little earlier so I could beat traffic and I sat in front of the school. I got out the car and when the teachers brought them out I told them who I was and after it was confirmed we were on our way.

"Hey, you guys hungry?"

"No where is my daddy?", Zoey asked mugging me with her arms crossed. Now how does Marcus not see this?

"He's out of town right now and he won't be back until later on"

"Okay then why ain't my mama here?"

"I'm not sure your dad just told me to pick you up, feed you and watch you until he gets back"

"Okay so you think we some kind of pets or something? I am not a dog or a little pet you just try to take care of okay"

"Zoey..."

"Umm no don't call my name. I want my mama"

"Your mom is busy right now"

"I thought you just said you didn't know what she was doing", Zach said.

"I don't know I just know if she could've got you she would have"

"Alright whateva mane. Why you driving my daddy car though. What you tryna take my mama place or something?", Zach continued to ask.

"No I'm not I'm just going to be with your dad from now on"

"Look don't nobody even want you. And you a home wrecker, you wasting yo time cause my daddy ain't gone do right by you. You might as well just leave", I can't believe I'm letting these lil kids get to me.

"Alright y'all that's enough", Zarius said. Thank you Jesus it's at least one level headed child.

"Shut up!!", they yelled to him at the same time.

The rest of the car ride was spent with them asking me questions but then it just got silent after somebody had called Zach. I think it was their dad because they didn't say anything else the rest of the car ride.

I started to clean the house up when we all got there and they just went into their rooms without talking to me. These are little demon kids.

"Niah!!", the kids had went into the backyard to play and I sat in the living room trying not to hurt one of em.

"Huh?", I opened the door and they were all standing there until Zach yelling something and they started throwing water balloons at me. Zoey had the water hose and then they got water gun squirting it at me. I ran into the house and I was going into the kitchen when I slipped on marbles.