CHP 14. CONSTELLATIONS

"I THINK I KNOW CURE FOR YOU"

"What the hell happened here? Why are they moving Sky's stuff?", Y/N asks, she turns to look at Jayce who stares at her with confusion, "that's really what the elephant in the room is?! How are you here? Aren't you supposed to be dead?" Y/N blinks but then huffs.

"Well, I'll explain everything later just please-- tell me what is happening!" Y/N pleads, her hands moving to grab onto Jayce's shoulders. She could fake emotions really well, to the point where it was freakishly well.

Jayce looks at her with sympathetic eyes.

"Sky's dead".

"...What?" Y/N stares at Jayce for a moment, she scoffs slightly and shakes her head, "unbelievable that you would lie to your business partner and friend like that, Jayce... please tell me what really happened to her," he shakes his head, reaching his hand to rest of Y/N's arms which were still clutching onto his forearm. Her grip tightened.

"I'm sorry, she really is dead-- although we only have her ashes, and her belongings," Y/N's eyes widen, she finally started to believe Jayce. The back of her nose started to burn up as she started to feel that tingling sensation reaching up to her eyes which then started to water, she forces herself to not blink as the tears would drop if she does so. Her sense of smell was slowly starting to disappear as more tears started to appear in her eyes, her eyebrows furrowed while the muscles on her face contorted as to accommodate her need for the tears to not fall.

She scoffs slightly, turning her head to the side and bringing her hand up to her face. Liar, he's lying— when has Jayce not?! Oh... but he's been her best friend for years, if he wasn't to lie, it would be to her. He would never lie to her.

"Y/N... I'm so sorry..." She couldn't even form a sentence as she retreats back more into herself, Jayce staring at her with sad eyes. He had already cried it out before. So, he decides to hold her.

Bringing his arms around her shoulders, Jayce could hear the slight hesitation from Y/N as she then leaned into his touch. He could hear her soft sobs while she cries into his chest. A heartbreaking sound coming from someone who everyone thought was missing or even possibly dead, but here she was.

"Where's Viktor?" She asks between sobs while Jayce shrugs his shoulder, "I haven't seen him ever since the accident and he seemed pretty shaken up about it," Y/N doesn't respond, she takes a deep breath, trying to calm herself down from her sobbing fit only for her heart to break even more and just goes back to sobbing.

If she hadn't left— or if she had left sooner. Stupid! This plan was stupid!

Viktor, she needed to find Viktor.

She pulled away from Jayce's touch and looked around, she only had one place in mind that Viktor would have gone to. She had to see him, she needed him.

He needed her just as much as she needed him. Maybe even more.

Viktor laid in the piles of cushion, letting himself get lost in the sunroof above him, imagining it to be constellations instead of the irritatingly bright sun that seemed to just hit only him. He couldn't cry, there was nothing he could do and he shouldn't cry about it anymore. But the aching feeling in his heart was too much for even him. He would be able to distract himself every time he felt this ache, like all the times he's seen Jayce get a bit too close to Y/N or whenever she wouldn't even realise the certain advances he has pulled on her.

Viktor didn't know who his heart cried for more. But he knew his thoughts were filled only of her, Viktor knows how resilient she is. How that same resilience makes her even more beautiful. Oh Viktor... you cannot do this to yourself, you're tired and frail.

Yet... something in Viktor felt that string of hope, she has to be alive! She knows every street in the undercity better than she knows the constellations of the stars— which has always been her favourite thing to study.

He misses her so goddamn much. The sun and sky turns into a darker shade as the moon and stars began to appear. What was the thing Y/N said? About the planets? Something about Venus...

"Viktor?".

It felt as though time just stopped. It felt as though the moon and the sky above would collapse on them any second as Viktor froze in his spot which he hasn't moved from since this morning. Was he going crazy? Was he hearing voices? What has the hextech done to him...

He was scared to turn around, but he had to know. Was she really there? Was she really..?

"Y/N?".

Her eyes weld up with tears immediately, the last time the pair had spoken, she had the nastiest argument with him, she didn't even apologise and she couldn't for weeks. She imagined this moment every day she was there in Zaun, Y/N imagined herself running to Viktor and sobbing in his arms. She needed to feel his arms.

"Viktor!".

She yelled and ran to him, she ran and lunged at him, not caring about anything else, not caring about  the world around them. Oh god, he smelled like home, he smelled of that sweet scent you would get only from fresh grapes or that scent of flowers that Y/N loved so much, his hug was desperate, needing to feel her touch just as much.

"I'm so sorry, Viktor, I don't know what—" Y/N's eyes widened as she let tears that she has been holding in go, she sobs and she couldn't even finish her sentence. The guilt was holding her down, oh god, how could she ever turn her back on a man like Viktor? But... what she was doing was to save him. She cannot do this without him, just the thought of it made Y/N feel as though she couldn't breathe.

Before, she refused to love Viktor— or well, she refused herself to show that she loves Viktor. But god, she never realised how much he truly means to her until now. Is she really going to take this chance away? To tell him how her heart burns for his.

She loves Viktor more than the constellations that she studied her whole life. Ever since that moment here, in this tower, she has loved the planets above them both. Her soul aches for his.

"It's okay, flower, it's fine." He whispers soothing words in her ear as he softly caresses her hair. "You're back and that's all that matters to me, you're back home, Y/N, you're back to me."

Y/N closes her eyes. Basking in this feeling of his presence. "You're here and that's everything I could ever ask for."

His voice, slow and soothing, they both needed each other badly. Two souls, needing each other.

"Viktor, I..." Her voice catching in her throat as she shakes her head. "I need to tell you something really important, okay?" She says, slowly and clearly.

Viktor pulls her away just a bit, nodding as he tucks pieces of hair behind her ear. A touch that felt like fire on her skin.

"I..." I love you.

"I um..." Oh, stars and heavens above, I love you.

"Viktor, I—" I love you, I love you, I fucking love you.

"I think I know a cure for you."