Chapter 22

Skye looked up in shock as a skateboard entered her line of sight, breaking her trance. "Go," Kevin said smirking as he held the skateboard.

"Thanks," She smiled softly as she stood and took the skateboard. They grabbed their other skateboards out of their cars and joined her. A few hours later she lost her balance and fell off the half pipe hard.

"Shit Boss," Kevin said stepping off his board and rushed to her side.

"Shit," She moaned as she rolled over to her back. "Fuck that hurt."

"Come on Boss," Kevin said as he helped her sit up. "How you feeling?"

"Like shit," She groaned, "I'm sorry I just got dizzy and lost my balance."

"Let's get you to the doc then," Matt said, "make sure you're okay."

"No," She shook her head, "I'm fine, just give me a few minutes."

"Look Boss," Steve came over, "you just took a nasty fall with no safety. You need to get checked out."

"But I messed up," She pouted as she tried to keep the tears from falling.

"No you didn't, Boss," Steve shook his head. "They know you are going through a hard time right now, they understand and don't hold it against you."

"Since when did you get all wise and shit?" She asked suspiciously. "That's usually Kev's thing."

"Guess he's rubbing off on me," Steve chuckled. "Let's go."

"Fine," She moaned, "My head is throbbing to my heartbeat."

"Shit, come on Boss," Kevin said picking her up, "We're going to see Doc."

She moaned and they rushed to the car. They rushed back to the house. "DOC!" Matt said running forward to open the door.

"What's wrong?" Sean asked rushing out of the kitchen.

"She fell off the half pipe pretty hard," Matt said as Kevin carefully carrying her in. "She says her head is throbbing to her heartbeat."

"Carry her into the kitchen," Sean said moving out of the way. "Kota."

"Got it right here," Kota said coming down the stairs with his doctor bag.

"Alright Pookie," Sean said washing his hands, "let's see what that mean old half pipe did to you."

"Ow," She groaned as Kevin carefully sat her on the island. "Kevy," she pouted and he chuckled.

"I'm sorry Boss," Kevin said as he stepped away. "Let's just make sure you are okay."

"Let's get you all cleaned up Pookie," Sean said as he started wiping some dirt off her face. "Can you tell me if you are bleeding anywhere?"

"Knees and elbow," She mumbled, "dizzy." She grabbed his arms and closed her eyes. "Sick."

"Here's a bowl," Luke said passing over a huge mixing bowl.

"I think it's safe to say you have a concussion Pookie," Sean said as he raised her arm and gently turned it. She winced and he frowned, "I'm sorry, I'm trying to be gentle."

"I know," She moaned, "I'm going to be sick," She grabbed the bowl and dry heaved. She whimpered as someone rubbed her back.

"Did you not eat this morning Pookie?" Sean asked softly.

"No, the asshole upset her and she took off to clear her mind," Gabe said softly.

"She has a huge knot on her head," North said as he continued to rub her back.

"Ow," She whimpered as he gently ran his hand down her spine.

"I need to take your clothes off so I can check your bruises," Sean said softly. "I need to make sure you don't have any broken bones and clean the wounds, so they don't get infected."

"Doc," she moaned and clutched her head. "Make it stop, please make it stop."

Sean gave her a shot and held her so her head rested on his chest, "This will make you sleep. Jennifer will help me get you all cleaned up, just try and rest Pookie, that's all you can do right now. Just sleep."

She moaned and held him as she tried to fight against the medicine. Silas came over and swapped spots with her. "Just relax Angelos Mou," Silas said as he ran his hands up and down her arms. "Just hold on to me," he spoke so softly she couldn't fight against him. Within moments she was fast asleep.

"Is she going to be okay?" Jennifer asked worriedly.

Sean nodded, "Physically yes after a couple of weeks. She needs to sleep as much as possible and rest her mind so it can heal. Emotionally, I'm not sure."

"Come on Doc," Jennifer sighed, "let's get her cleaned up."

Silas carried her upstairs and then left the room. A few moments later Sean came back downstairs. "How is she?" North asked.

"She has bruises all over her body from the fall since she didn't have any kind of protection. There's some on her knees, elbow, hip, and back. Looks like she rolled as she fell. She has a concussion so that means nothing but rest. It is very important that she rests her brain, no video games, no reading, nothing that can strain her brain to focus, understood?"

"Got it," They all mumbled.

"And keep a close eye on her, if she starts to show forgetfulness or anything of serious concern, let me know immediately so I can see if we need to rush her in," Sean said and they nodded.