Mowgli's Forsaken Road

I walk into the apartment.

There's a note on the bed. I gather all the courage inside me to open it. I'm not sure I can take another horrible thought.

I open the letter.

"You want your lover boy back? We'll deliver him piece by piece."

I start to scream.

-----------

I awake in bed. Derek is next to me. He's not harmed.

What happened to me? I surely thought I was losing it.

I walk into the bathroom, opening my medicine cabinet. I take some Tylenol, seeing as my head throbbed. I look at myself. My hair is tinged purple.

"What the fuck?!" I say, picking at the strands of my hair.

"Woah there! Taking your new album promotion a little too seriously?" Derek says, walking into my bathroom.

Before I can utter a rebuttal, I take him in. He's toned. Like, not the Rock toned, but definitely model worthy.

"Album promo? What are you talking about? I haven't recorded an album."

"Ha ha. Okay, sleeping beauty. Whatever you say. I've got to go to work. See ya later." Then he put on his shirt and left.

I put on a tee-shirt, jeans, and a pair of flats and went outside. It was unbelievably cold. I should have brought a jacket.

I walked down to the cafe and got my usual seat.

"Ah, you again." The waitress says. I read her name tag. It's Lana.

"Hey. Sit. You look familiar." I say.

She sits, tossing an auburn curl behind her head.

"Duh. You came in here yesterday." She says, a hint of a New York accent.

"No I mean, before that. Have we met?" I ask. She really does look familiar.

"Nope. Not that I know of. Need some more coffee? Maybe an aspirin?" She giggles and walks off.

Aspirin? What?

Then I look at my wrist. Bruised from me and Derek's night of lust.

"Oh shit." I say under my breath.

------------

I leave the cafe and walk to the park. I need air.

I watch the ducks in the pond and the children play on the playground. I'm bored.

"I know you miss me." I hear. I spin and look around. No one is there.

"I'm in your head dummy. Why'd you kill me?" The voice says. "You loved me. You gave me everything. Everyone loves you because of me!" The voice giggles.

I squeeze my eyes shut.

"Let's go home, loser."

What the fuck was happening?

"It's me, baby. Electra. Miss me yet?"