Finally Happy

I leave the café in a hurry. What was going on? How did the texts suddenly vanish? I walk fast down the sidewalk, hoping to get back to my apartment. That's when I become even more confused. The street is suddenly different again. Instead of plain green trees with small leaves, the streets are lined with glowing pink cherry blossom trees. The people walking down the road are all dressed in bright, vivid clothing that seems to reflect off the sidewalk itself.

I begin to walk even faster. Cars covered in gold start passing me. Where the hell is my apartment? I finally find my street, Canal. I pass the small park where I would often see little kids swinging on the rusty play sets. I get to my apartment and walk up to the lift. I hit the glowing "3" button and the lift starts it's ascension up to the third floor.

I exit the lift and walk toward my apartment door, but I stop midway. My door is open a crack. I slowly push open the door and then I am grabbed and pulled in.

It's Derek.

"Marina." He says.

"What the fuck, Derek? I thought you didn't know a Marina." I say, sourly.

"I couldn't say anything. I couldn't let them know I knew where you were."

"Them? What kind of nonsense are you talking about Derek? I've been in my apartment." I say. What was going on in his mind?!

"I see the change has already happened to you." He says, wrapping a lock of my now raven-black hair around his finger.

"The change? You KNEW about this?" I say back, raising my voice a bit.

"Yes. There's so much I have to explain to you, but I don't think you're ready. I'll come back later. Get some rest."

He turns to leave.

"Derek..." I say.

"Yes?" He says, looking confused.

"I love you a lot." I say. My eyes widen. What the fuck did I just say?

"I love you too, Marina."

Suddenly it happens faster than expected. We collide. We are kissing in my apartment. His touch is softer than rose petals. He hoists me up on the counter and is beginning to undress. I begin to remove my dress. I want him.

He holds me tight, kissing my neck softly. He lifts me up and puts me on the bed. He gets on top of me and continues kissing my body, savouring every part of me. He tastes like candy. We don't leave the bed the rest of the night, making love until the sun sets and then rises again.