Chapter 6: Secrets and Realisation.

*:..(Camilo's pov)..:*

The way her hand fit into mine just felt so right. Who would have thought that some girl moving here with her Pa would make such an impact on me. It's almost as if she changed me, she makes me so happy. I feel like I can tell her anything. Which is exactly what I'm going to do, "Hey, (Y/N), can I tell you something?" I was able to mutter. "Of course you can!" She said breaking eye contact with the glowing stars above. I led her back to the grass where we laid down again. Dolores will be able to hear everything I say, I just pray that she doesn't tell Ma.

"Just promise you'll still be here if I tell you." I said in a hushed voice. She nodded as a sign for me to start, a sign for me to tell her everything, a sign that she will listen.

Taking a deep breath, I started. "I don't even know who I am anymore. It feels as if I'm wrong in a way. And Abuela only makes it worse, she completely disregards my feelings, our feelings. I know we may seem to be the perfect Madrigals, but there is so much more that people are yet to know. I walked by a mirror the other day, is that how I really look? Did something change. I can't even recognise myself." I paused, "I stay awake at night because I don't even know what my favourite colour is, and I'm afraid I don't have a real personality. It's like a voice is in my head, always saying things about me. Sometimes I look at myself and wish, wish that this gift of mine would disappear. It's not a gift, it's a curse." wiping the tears that built up in the corners of my eyes, I started breaking down. Right in front of her, how stupid-

I felt arms wrap around me. I placed my head on her neck. "Camilo, why didn't you tell me sooner. I will always be here. Let it all out because you've been holding it in for too long. Camilo, you're strong, stronger than you know. You are Camilo. You are your own person and don't you dare forget that! You hear me! You don't have to go through this alone!" My breath hitched, wrapping my arms around her, I started sobbing. She started shaking. Little whimpers echoed in my ears. I made her worry. Never again will I be keeping things like this from her. My grasp on her tightened, I wanted to stay like this for a while longer, even if it be a couple seconds.

"It's almost as if you make all those feeling go away. Thank you, (Y/N)." I whispered.

*:..(Y/N's pov)..:*

Why didn't he tell me! It angers me how he has to keep all his feelings supressed just for a reputation that was pushed onto him, by his Abuela out of all people! He shouldn't have to feel this way, none of the Madrigals should. He doesn't even know what he looks like for Christ sake! And to think I didn't even notice. I didn't notice.. I felt the grasp on me tighten, "It's almost as if you make all those feelings go away. Thank you, (Y/N)." He whispered.

We stayed in that position for a bit more until I felt his grip loosen.  We decided to head back home. It was silent, though I'm not surprised because of what just happened. I really hope he's okay.. I should probably say something before it gets awkward. I glanced at him, but he was already looking at me? Did we have the same idea? He turned his head away from me swiftly and raised a hand to place on his face.

We had reached my casita, I gave him one last hug before closing the door. "You've been out late for the past few days, haven't you?" Pa said, "It's unusual for you to be out for so long." He said turning around, was he making arepas? "I know Papa but it's for a good reason, I promise. Can I please have an arepa once you're done making them?" I asked, taking off my shoes. "Well if you say so, but you better not be sneaking off to be with a boy! And yes you may." Haha, we're not telling him about Camilo.. "Thanks Pa!" I said, rushing upstairs, wondering how Camilo was. Dios mio! I forgot Dolores could hear everything, what if she told the family about what he actually felt like? I'll ask him about it tomorrow.