3: WAITING ON A MIRACLE

Disclaimer: I only own some of the plot and my two ocs.

~~~~~~~~~

WOMAN: Get the chairs out of the way.

(MIRABEL GRUNTING)

MIRABEL: Sorry Excuse me.

PEPA: Dolores, can you hear if anyone is gonna be late?

MIRABEL: Huh Whoop!

ABUELA: Lift it higher. Higher.

CAMILO: Hey, nice job over there.

JOSÉ: Yeah, yeah.

ABUELA: Lift it higher, higher. Camilo, we need another José.

CAMILO: José!

ABUELA: Luisa, the piano goes upstairs!

LUISA: I'm on it! Careful, sis!

(GRUNTING)

PEPA: My baby's night has to be perfect, and it's not perfect! And people are going to be coming! And nothing's ready!

"Mami, everything will be fine," Antonio said soothingly, holding his mother's hand and patting it with his much smaller ones. Pepa smiled faintly, muttering something that sounded like "taking after your father" to herself.

FÉLIX: You're tornado-ing the flowers!

PEPA: The flowers!

ISABELA: Did someone say flowers?

Mirabel groaned at Isabela's on-screen voice.

"I see what you mean," Leo whispered. "She does sound like a diva. Still . . . I think there's more to the story."

Mirabel just grumbled. "Yeah right."

"Wanna make it interesting?"

She sat up a little straighter, unsure of where this was going. "What do you have in mind?"

Leo smirked. He'd known that she'd be willing to listen more if he'd said that. "Let's bet on it. If you win, you get to . . . um . . ."

"Give you a makeover?"

Leo balched. Then, he made a sound as if swallowing some bile before saying, "Er, sure, but if I win—which I know I will—you have to admit that I was right to everyone in this room. Loudly."

Now it was Mirabel's turn to turn pale. Then, she shook his hand. "Deal."

MAN: Isabela!

(WOMAN LAUGHS)

FÉLIX: Our angel, our angel!

ISABELA: Please don't clap.

Mirabel mocked Isabela, who noticed and glared at her little sister.

PEPA: Thank you.

ISABELA: Oh it's nothing. 

(MIRABEL GRUNTS)

ISABELA: A little sisterly advice, if you weren't always trying so hard you would be in the way.

MIRABEL: Actually Isa, this is called helping and I'm not in the way you—

(GRUNTS)

At the sight of this both her Tío Félix and Camilo burst into laughter earning them a death glare from Mirabel herself.