6: MIRROR

Disclaimer: I own nothing but some of the plot and my ocs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So this is going to be what happened while Mirabel was with Luisa between Camilo and Layla," she said. 

Camilo reddened and Layla made a squeaky noise. 

LAYLA: Hi, Señora Pepa! Is Camilo home?

PEPA: Huh? Oh! He's upstairs. He should be cleaning his room, but I hardly believe he is.

"It's a miracle you can find your way through it," Isabela said, tossing her hair. 

Camilo glared at her, but stayed silent. They didn't know the hidden secret of his room. The thing that made it so annoying but also a part of him. 

LAYLA: Mind if I—AH!

"Antonio, you need to get a grip on that jaguar!" admonished Pepa. Then, turning to Layla, she opened her mouth, but closed it again, remembering who the girl really was. 

PEPA: Antonio, I told you to control those animals if you want them outside! If you cannot do that, keep them in your room!

ANTONIO: Sorry, Mama; Parce's just excited! Hi, Layla!

"I always wanted to have a pet names Parce!" Antonio exclaimed. "And another named Chipsi, and another named Tico, and—"

"Tonio, we'd love to hear the rest of those names, but let's continue the film for now, ¿bien?" 

"Okay!"

LAYLA: (CHUCKLES) Hi, there. Congrats on your Gift. And your room. 

"You lie like a rug," Isabella huffed. 

"Thank you," Layla said, unperturbed. 

Isabella huffed again, but said nothing. She turned the other way and immediately met eyes with a black-haired, brown-eyed man who looked a little disappointed.

In me, Isabella realized with a flush of her cheeks. He's disappointed in me. Doesn't he know what they're doing? He must know!

But Marco Chavez either knew and didn't care or he didn't. Isabella had an irritating feeling it was the former. 

She knew the handsome man—very, very handsome—and his continuous overly sweet and honest behavior. He wasn't blunt, but he, as far as Isabella knew (and she knew a lot) never told a lie to anyone. Typical of Marco to feel sorry for those Diablo twins just because they were young. Pah!

ANTONIO: It's so cool, right? The birds are kinda chatty, but other than that, it's awesome!

LAYLA: Glad to hear it.

PEPA: Tonio, show Layla where Camilo's room is. 

"I bet it's bigger on the inside, too," whispered one of the village kids. 

(KNOCKS)

"IT IS BIGGER ON THE INSIDE!"