AfterDeath

Before you ask, I have no idea what I am going to write, I'm going to make everything up as I go

"Come again soon," Geno grumpily said as he gave a frappuccino to a customer.

The customer grabbed the drink and hesitantly thanked Geno then walked away quickly.

Geno had moved into Mayville not too long ago, maybe about 2 weeks ago. He had gotten a job at a small cafe a few days ago - Deathly Cafe. He would've loved working there - if the owner hadn't kept being super flirty with him. It was almost creepy at times.

Just to clarify, Reaper isn't some creep...maybe he is though. He didn't flirt too often, but it just felt right to do it with Geno. He couldn't explain why.

I shouldn't have taken this dumb job. Geno thought quietly to himself as he cleaned up the counter. It was almost time to close the shop, so he doubted any last-minute customers would walk in.

The bell to the front door rang. Geno looked up, expecting anyone but his boss. He mumbled a curse as he threw the dirty rag into the sink and greeted his boss, "Hey, what's up?" Geno wasn't one for formalities. He could care less at this point in his life. It was a shit life he had made for himself anyways.

Reaper waved at Geno. "I just saw a bad review on the website? Mind telling me what that's about?"

Will I finally be fired?  Geno shrugged. "Dunno, maybe I don't care enough to be nice to the damn customers."

Reaper was taken back by this. He understood that "deathly" wasn't a positive word in itself, but a cafe was supposed to be a nice small place to relax, have a snack, or even do work. But he found that Geno was making that hard to do. Reaper let out a sigh, almost sad for Geno. "Come sit with me, Gen." Reaper walked to a small table nearby. 

Geno grumbled in annoyance at the nickname. He dragged himself over and forced himself to sit across from his boss. "What do you want, I have things to do, y'know?"

"Like what?"

"Huh?"

"You heard me."

Geno didn't know how to answer. In reality, he didn't have much to do at home. He'd probably get home, stare at the darkness for a second, go to his bed, look through his phone for a while, and then fall asleep, not even bothering to change out of his work clothes.

Geno looked down at his hands as he fidgeted with them. He couldn't bring himself to answer the question, and he was incredibly bad at lying. He might as well keep his mouth shut.

Reaper shook his head. "Look, Geno. If all my flirting is seriously affecting you, you can say so. And even if it's not, I want you to be alright, ok? I can get you a pet, I'll pay for all the expenses if it means that you'll be feeling better than you currently are. I'll do anything to make you feel better, ok?"

Geno stayed silent. He didn't want to show Reaper that what he said was getting to him. Geno kept his head hung low and pulled his scarf over his mouth.

Reaper wasn't sure what to say. "Uh...you really like that scarf, huh?"

No response.

"Where'd you buy it?"

"I didn't buy it. My brother did..." Geno mumbled, almost incomprehensible.

Reaper was surprised. "Oh, really? I didn't know you had a brother! How is he?"

"Dead."

Reaper slumped down slowly. He felt like he just accidentally brought up a touchy subject. "Gosh, Geno, I'm sorry, I had no-"