Holding Hands

"Toby, get back here! What has gotten into you!?" The young woman had to navigate her way through a crowded sidewalk without her seeing-eye dog, because he decided that running away without her was a better occupation than staying by her side.

"Watch out! Excuse me! I'm so sorry!" Her exclamations had apparently fallen on deaf ears when she tripped over someone, skinning her knees and hands pretty badly.

"I am so sorry! My service dog ran off, and I was trying to get him back. I'm so sorry..." She blinked back a few tears.

Sans held his hand out to the woman that had run into him, but when she didn't take it, he tugged at his brother's sleeve.

*can you talk to her for me. i just want to know if she's okay.

"SMALL HUMAN, ARE YOU QUITE ALRIGHT? YOU LOOK LIKE YOU TOOK A NASTY FALL." Papyrus signed as he spoke, making sure Sans was a part of the conversation.

"I-I'm fine. Just a little shaken. I don't suppose you saw a small white dog running by here? He's a samoyed puppy that I was asked to train as a seeing-eye dog. I don't have my guide stick with me. I thought Toby would stick by me well enough..." She laughed a little as she said it. Sans frowned when he saw what Papyrus had signed.

*i saw it run by. i think it went towards grillby's. we can help her look for it...

"OH, OF COURSE! I DID NOT SEE IT, BUT MY BROTHER SAW IT WANDERING TOWARDS GRILLBY'S. WE CAN HELP YOU FIND IT." A smile lit up her face.

"That'd be great, and I can't thank you enough! Once we find him, let me treat you to some lunch. I was actually on my way to Grillby's when Toby got away." She bit her lip and tilted her head a little. "What are your names? I mean, I assume there are at least two of you since you mentioned your brother saw him." 

"MY NAME IS PAPYRUS, AND MY BROTHER IS SANS. IT IS A PLEASURE TO HELP YOU, MISS?"

"Frisk, my name is Frisk." She stood awkwardly, waiting for someone to cue their departure.

*i think we should say we're going now paps. she looks a bit uncomfortable.

"AH, YES! SANS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! LET'S GET A MOVE ON." Frisk let out a sigh of relief and asked Papyrus if he could help guide her.

"UNFORTUNATELY, I CANNOT. I MUST REMAIN A TRANSLATOR BETWEEN YOU AND MY BROTHER, BUT I'M SURE HE WOULDN'T MIND. HE'S GOING TO GRAB YOUR HAND NOW." She jolted a little as she felt Sans' hand clasp hers.

They both took a moment to study the feeling of the other's hand. Sans never really held hands with anyone since they were his main way of communicating. Her hand was soft and slightly sticky. As he pulled her hand closer to his face to study it, she let out a gasp that went unheard by him. Her tumble had been worse than he originally thought; her hand was bleeding. He quickly let go and tugged on Papyrus' sleeve.

*i think we forgot that she's pretty scratched up. she's bleeding paps...

"OH! FRISK, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY ANYTHING? YOU'RE BLEEDING..." When Sans had let go of her hand, the cold air stung her skin.

"I guess you're right. I didn't notice..." She grabbed at her sweater and winced at the cotton rubbing against the exposed layer of skin. "We shouldn't stop moving though. I still need to find Toby."

She grabbed at where she thought Sans was and felt the material of a thick hoodie.

"Please, I can't lose him..." Papyrus and Sans shared a look but agreed to continue the search.

Eventually, they made their way to Grillby's and decided to drop in to see if Grillby had seen the troublemaker. Not that they needed to ask, since the pooch was curled up in a corner on the floor.