TMB5 - Something Strange is Going On

CHAPTER 5

BAMBAM

I'm not sure why, but knowing that my childhood closest friend is finally opening herself, not in the literal sense of slashing her entire body with a knife, makes me so happy. No, that's not what I'm talking about. She's stepping outside of her comfort zone once more in order to take a new acquaintance into her life. After that project they had to perform in her unit for around two weeks, Chaeng, her student in the architecture department, brought a lot of her and gained her trust.

At sa loob ng dalawang linggo na yun ay saksi ako kung paano siya napalapit dito. Kahit na hindi nito sabihin sa akin ng direkta ay alam ko kung ano ang nangyayari sa kanya. It's as though I'm her second mother. I'm joking, of course. We've been excellent friends for a long time, dating back to our youth.

I was a little envious of Chaeng because whenever Lisa and I were bonding or when Chaeng was not around, she would always inquire or say something about Chae without my ever asking about her, but it was good. Even if it takes a long time for the old Lisa to return, I am confident that the wait will be worthwhile.

Once upon a time, I recalled. When Tita phoned from Thailand, we spoke with her over the phone. It's become a weekly ritual, especially when the two of us are in the same room or vicinity, and I know Lisa's mother has been contacting her every day despite the time difference.

She inquired about the university and our surroundings as long as we told her everything about our activities in here. Also, I did not interrupt their mother and daughter's conversation, but when Tita phoned yesterday and Lisa was unavailable due to their busy schedule, I was the one she contacted and inquired about, knowing that she had not introduced Chaeng to her mother. Because she considers me to be a wonderful friend. I told Tita about what was going on between the two of them, as well as about her being nice to someone else.

Hindi man nito pinapakita kay Chaeng ay alam kong she cared for her. Words are less effective than actions. And we just assisted her relocate out of our building yesterday para hindi na kami mahirapan pang maglalabas at aakyat sa isang building para magkwentuhan.

At first, I thought it was Chaeng idea to move out dahil nasabi nito sa akin dati na gusto nitong lumipat ng building but she didn't continue living in our dormitory building since she didn't want to be a burden and a bother to the rest of us, so she stayed in her old apartment. However, things have changed, and I simply knew it was Lisa's idea. Tinanong ko naman ito kung bakit raw, she will constantly state, however, that Chaeng will not be able to feel fatigued walking back and forth, especially when it comes to their course. Kaya pamanisan minsan hindi ko ito naiintindihan.

And while we're on the subject of the two, They just contacted me to invite me to a restaurant near our school that they discovered last week and where a large number of university students are gathering. We leave the university grounds because there are no normal classes scheduled today and it being the weekend.

When I got to the table and location they informed me about, I exclaimed, "Yow." at ang tanging tao lang na nakita ko ay si Chaeng na sumisimsim na ng frappe na sa tingin ko ay inorder na nito. She loves food at hindi yun halata.

"Hey. Come on. Take a sit. Lumabas lang si Lisa. May kinausap ata." Saad nito sa akin at agad naman akong umupo.

"Bakit hindi ko ito nakita sa labas nung papasok ako kanina?" Pagtatanong ko naman dito and place my hand in the table looking outside the glass window infront of us.

"Matagal na itong lumabas. Maybe two minutes already." Wika naman niya sa akin na agad ko na lang ikinatango.

Hindi naman yun mapapaaway o mapapahamak because she's been avoiding everyone for goodness sake at mas lalong walang mambubugbog dito. They described her as kind and nerdy. Outside the building, there are guards in case something awful happens to her pero huwag naman sana. Lagot ako kay Tita nito kung sakali. Lisa is my cargo to safeguard, especially since I am a male and her bestfriend, for God's sake.