Part 2 (marry you)

3 weeks later

There he was, sitting across from me as we were casually having tea. I watched closely as he intertwined his fingers together pressing hard against his knuckles his palms were so red now that they could be seen from the distance. He was nervous. Very nervous.

He seemed to be in deep thought as if contemplating his next words. His father glances at him and smiles, finding his situation amusing. "I want to ask your daughter's hand for my son" I look at his reaction as he blushes and looks down. I pass my father who glanced in my direction, a smile, and nod. They had called over the phone and said they want to have a serious conversation.

I was a little surprised because when he said I would hear from him soon, I didn't expect it to be this soon. My mother spoke to me concerning this and whether I would agree or not. I told her I didn't know much about him and she did a background search calling most of his relatives and talking to family friends of his. Overall, she was satisfied with what she heard. I prayed astkheera that night and gave her my word and one thing led to another and now I'm here accepting him to be my future husband.

"Why do you want to marry my daughter?" My father questions him with a stone-cold face. I listen closely and watch him swallow a lump in his throat.

"I see my future with her, I see a woman who I can rely on, a woman who I would cherish and take care of. Most importantly I see Islam portrayed so clearly in her, she reminds me of my deen. And Insha'Allah Jannah would be our destination together" He bites his lower lip and opens his mouth wanting to say more.

My father smiles and looks over at me "do you want to marry him?" I examine his reaction as he looks up at me filled with hope and uncertainty of my response. I nod and he lets out a sigh of relief smiling profoundly. I blush at this reaction and look down towards the tea