THREE

bestiesssss! here's chapter 3, thank u for reading this far. hope u like itttt
enjoy <333

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

* ┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑  NADINE HOLLOWAY* ┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

* ┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
NADINE HOLLOWAY
* ┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

two days later: tuesday afternoon

48 hours had passed since nadine was stood up at the diner by her dad. but in all honesty, her mind was no longer on the situation.

unfortunately, this was expected. although her hopes were up just a bit, not enough for her to dwell on it. she had moved on.

what else can you do when dealing with a deadbeat?

it had just turned 12PM and nadines class finally ended. grabbing her things, she put her belongings in her bag and walked down the isle.

"nadine?" her teacher, mrs. cunningway, called. "yes?" "the foster care charity event is today, right?" the teacher asked.

"yes ma'am, i'm headed there now to finish setting everything up!" nadine answered with a genuine smile.

nadine had been organizing this event for the past month now. ever since nadine was younger, she always felt like the odd one out. at the daddy daughter dance, the bring your dad to breakfast day, bring your parents to school day, etc.

pretty much anything that consisted of a father being there, nadine was definitely the black sheep. and with time being passed, she got older. once nadine entered high school, an old teacher of hers inspired her.

mr. burrell was her favorite history teacher. not only was he a good teacher, but she always felt connected to him considering his dad wasn't in his life as well.

as depressing as it may sound, mr. burrell always incorporated his father being absent in his life as a comedic gesture during his lessons. but in all honesty, it wasn't funny. it was sad.

sad enough to make nadine realize so many kids go through the same experience. deadbeat parents not doing their job. with that, she decided she wanted to get into social working.

and ever since then, she'd be interning, volunteering, working, etc. putting in all the work in hopes of maybe changing a kids life the way her teacher changed hers.

"is there enough people?" mrs. cunningway asked. "no, some friends of mine are helping out and a couple of people that volunteered but not near as much as the guests that'll be showing up." nadine confessed with a slight stressed look. "okay, i'll try to help as much as i can once i finish grading these papers!" mrs cunningway suggested.