TEN

hi, everyone! more explanation about why i took a break will be at the end of the chapter but for now, i hope you like the chapter :)
enjoy <3

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

* ┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑NADINE HOLLOWAY* ┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

* ┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
NADINE HOLLOWAY
* ┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

as zena was explaining, in great details, her and lamelo's situation, nadine zoned out into a deep thought.

i thought he liked me?
i knew i shouldn't have gotten attached...
what the hell am i going to do?

mariah noticed nadine's blank expression and attempted to snap the girl back to the present. "nay?" she nudged her. nadine repetitively blinked in response as reassurance that she was well aware of what was going on.

"i'm sorry i just need a minute", she said as she stood from the seat. walking away from the room, tears immediately fell from her eyes. but not even 5 seconds later, nadine rejected the tears. shaking her head in disagreement, the girl wiped her eyes and stood in the bathroom.

"you got this nadine" she thought, looking at the mirror. "i am beautiful. i am resiliant. i am enough", the affirmations, fell from her mouth, in whispers, over and over and over until her mind could believe it.
until her eyes could see it.
until her ears could hear it.

she blocked the pain from what happened tonight and shoved it in the back of her mind. she wouldn't let a guy get such a reaction out of her. lamelo wasn't going to win.

nadine exhaled deeply and turned around to open the bathroom door. walking back to the girls, she chuckled within a sigh and sat down. "so can you tell me what happened with you two one more time?" nadine asked.
"of course. a couple of months back, we had met at this party. in all honesty, it was only supposed to be a one night stand. but then we both agreed on staying casual. we'd link in the middle of the night or throughout the day. nothing more nothing less." zena explained.

"when's the last time y'all fucked?" the girl wondered, hoping it'd be at least before lamelo popped the girlfriend question.

"last friday." zena admitted. the day just before lamelo asked nadine. the night of the party.

"he hesitated— LIED." nadine remembered to herself. she looked down in embarrassment. she felt completely fooled.

she took a deep breath and looked back up with a fake smile. "interesting", she said. "what's been going on with you two?" zena asked.