PROLOGUE

hey you. enjoy <3

first, thank you for clicking on this book. i haven't written a book in awhile so it's good to be back. hopefully, you enjoy this part to the point where you're interested in staying for the rest of the book :) this first part is the background of the main character's life.

starting here & out, the book will be presented in lowercase letters.

thanks for reading.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑NADINE HOLLOWAY┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
NADINE HOLLOWAY
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

nadine and makai looks over at one another, whilst sitting on the kitchen barstools, as they hear someone knocking on the door.

not a moment later, their mom opens the front door with pure hatred.

"what the hell are you doing here?" she snaps. the two kids get off the stools and slowly make their way over to the door.

"daddy!" nadine yells with joy. she runs over to the tall man who was wearing a big black puff jacket along with golden chains hanging from his neck.

the man hugs her tightly. "hey sweetheart! how's daddy's little girl?" he asks.

the mom rolls her eyes with her hands crossed over her chest as she signals for makai to say hi to his father.

"you have a lot of nerve coming around here", she says with attitude. "look, this time it's gonna be different. my boys got everything situated. i'm staying." the dad says, holding nadine's left hand and a small gift in his other hand.

"this is for you. i know i haven't been here. but i want to be here for my kids, lorette", he finishes before giving the gift to the mom.

lorette takes the gift and opens it reluctantly. her eyes widened as she realized it was a real diamond bracelet.

tears fall out of her eyes as she throws the bracelet at his chest. "you can keep your dope money!" she yells and storms off.

makai follows behind her to try and comfort what might've been wrong.

"daddy, why is momma so mad?" nadine questions. "well baby. daddy hasn't been here for awhile because of work. so mommy just misses me, is all. but guess what? that's gonna change! because daddy is staying here forever now." he promises to her.